Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

34 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel like depending on who you ask, the range of what makes a team/program elite can differ widely.  I think the last 3+ years, we’ve been an elite team/program. Remains to be seen if we can maintain it. 

Upper echelon. Absolutely.  But Elite program and 3 years is not really synonymous. I think if you want to cut it down to 3 years, you have to make it passed the sweet 16 more than once.... aka make it to the ELITE eight.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

Upper echelon. Absolutely.  But Elite program and 3 years is not really synonymous. I think if you want to cut it down to 3 years, you have to make it passed the sweet 16 more than once.... aka make it to the ELITE eight.

E(dey)Lite

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

That’s fair. Looking back at the last 5 tournaments, a runner-up, elite-8, and a S16 isn’t matched by many programs. But you make a good argument. 

4 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

That’s fair. Looking back at the last 5 tournaments, a runner-up, elite-8, and a S16 isn’t matched by many programs. But you make a good argument. 

One of the past 5 tournaments, your results are only matched historically by Virginia. 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

I doubt they are worried.  The NCAA is completely toothless in regulating the NIL.  If I were a school, I'd ignore them.

No doubt and I agree....just interesting to see another conference member poaching during the season as blatant. Won't win any good PR points with other coaches for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Seems like our comrades in Champaign have some splaining to do...

https://www.outkick.com/sports/aj-storr-wisconsin-transfer-illinois-tampering-allegations

Badgers are truly butthurt that they are losing the portal game. 🤣

Anyone who doesn't realize tampering is rampant in the game today must be a complete idiot.

And you got some splaining to do why you read Outkick. 🤣

Edited by BruceDouglas
  • Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 4:57 PM, BruceDouglas said:

Badgers are truly butthurt that they are losing the portal game. 🤣

Anyone who doesn't realize tampering is rampant in the game today must be a complete idiot.

And you got some splaining to do why you read Outkick. 🤣

They’re losing the portal game when they realized the premium they’d have to pay guys to play in the equivalent of the frozen balloon knot of a Neanderthal corpse under 4 layers of glacier.