Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

Let’s hope and pray some new blood will bring major changes to the BIG STYLE of basketball! No team since MSU’s 2000 team has won an NC. No team has come closer in the 21st century than IU with a questionable coach doing it his way. Will Dusty work some magic, will a new coach at USC bring newness?

From CBS on USC “April has arrived and we just got another high-major opening, bringing the number of power-conference jobs in this year's cycle to 11. The long-expected move of Andy Enfield turning away from USC and heading to the Lone Star State was made official Monday morning. SMU announced Enfield's hiring, which puts USC on the clock to get his replacement — though the school has been working channels on that for days.

Trojans athletic director Jen Cohen will be tasked with bringing on a coach who can get USC into the upper half of the 18-team Big Ten. (Still sounds weird to read and say out loud.) The objective is to land a sitting head coach at a high-major program. A variety of candidates for the USC opening were interviewed via Zoom over the weekend, sources told CBS Sports. Among the names to monitor: Arkansas' Eric Musselman, Texas A&M's Buzz Williams, TCU's Jamie Dixon, Kansas State's Jerome Tang, Colorado State's Niko Medved and BYU's Mark Pope. I would expect one of those coaches to get the job”

• Like 2

Just now, Cbp4IU said:

Significant if true…. I figured I would post this here since USC is coming next year.

Sounds like he has worn out his welcome in Arkansas. I hear people say he is hard to work with and he grates on people.

• Like 3

Interesting sorta development. Marcus Domask is petitioning the NCAA for an additional year of eligibility. If I'm reading correctly it's because 4-5 games he wouldn't have played in a couple years ago so he would have been granted the eligibility if the games weren't cancelled. 

Interesting one to follow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2024 at 9:37 AM, Drroogh said:

Let’s hope and pray some new blood will bring major changes to the BIG STYLE of basketball! No team since MSU’s 2000 team has won an NC. No team has come closer in the 21st century than IU with a questionable coach doing it his way. Will Dusty work some magic, will a new coach at USC bring newness?

From CBS on USC “April has arrived and we just got another high-major opening, bringing the number of power-conference jobs in this year's cycle to 11. The long-expected move of Andy Enfield turning away from USC and heading to the Lone Star State was made official Monday morning. SMU announced Enfield's hiring, which puts USC on the clock to get his replacement — though the school has been working channels on that for days.

Trojans athletic director Jen Cohen will be tasked with bringing on a coach who can get USC into the upper half of the 18-team Big Ten. (Still sounds weird to read and say out loud.) The objective is to land a sitting head coach at a high-major program. A variety of candidates for the USC opening were interviewed via Zoom over the weekend, sources told CBS Sports. Among the names to monitor: Arkansas' Eric Musselman, Texas A&M's Buzz Williams, TCU's Jamie Dixon, Kansas State's Jerome Tang, Colorado State's Niko Medved and BYU's Mark Pope. I would expect one of those coaches to get the job”

Not sure I follow the highlighted…Illinois, Michigan St, Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Michigan (2x) have all been as close to winning it all as us. BIG hasn’t won it all but they’ve had their chances with multiple teams and styles.

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not sure I follow the highlighted…Illinois, Michigan St, Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Michigan (2x) have all been as close to winning it all as us. BIG hasn’t won it all but they’ve had their chances with multiple teams and styles.

Badgers got screwed by K & refs 

13 hours ago, JW75 said:

Haven’t seen this since Liam was calling around looking for teammates.

I have to wonder if his schtick got to be annoying to other players. Kind of like that high school girl always saying "Call me".

On 3/25/2024 at 4:45 PM, Purdue7 said:

Rumor mill: 

Furst won’t play next year so he can start medical school 

Somebody isn’t coming back 

likely a big since MP grabbed the 7’3” kid at the last minute 

Smoke 💨 

Fire 🔥????

Somebody is not on scholarship next year 

I envy anyone who loves something more than playing basketball….not sure I ever did….