Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

11 minutes ago, Indykev said:

if you dont know there is a difference i dont know what to tell you.

They’ve lost 2 non-conference games the last 3 years combined. Officiating isn’t hurting them when they’re not in conference. Not sure why people magically think it’s different when they aren’t playing B1G teams. 

If I can step away from Purdue for a moment...

It's very funny to me that Ohio State is hiring Diebler. They fired Matta the same offseason we fired Crean, and for largely the same reason: recruiting had dried up and earlier successes seemed unattainable. They then hired a mid major coach from the next state over (I know Butler is in the Big East. I said what I said). Now they're hiring a former player with no prior head coaching experience; not an alum himself, but the brother of one. It's the same playbook, maybe tilted a few degrees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

If I can step away from Purdue for a moment...

It's very funny to me that Ohio State is hiring Diebler. They fired Matta the same offseason we fired Crean, and for largely the same reason: recruiting had dried up and earlier successes seemed unattainable. They then hired a mid major coach from the next state over (I know Butler is in the Big East. I said what I said). Now they're hiring a former player with no prior head coaching experience; not an alum himself, but the brother of one. It's the same playbook, maybe tilted a few degrees.

$10M buyout to go internal seems like a football school move. I will say this though some of the sets Diebler draws up are really good. You throw in portal and NIL resources and it could work but going internal is just odd.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Once again, “big ten ref” isnt a thing lol. I’m ready for whatever type of run we have. Proud of this team regardless of what happens. 

You know... YOu Purdon'ts should have a board to go to. WE really don't care.

Yea you are mostly cool, but simply take it to YOUR own board.

GO AWAY. with the most possible respect that I can give.

I hate having a Hoosier boilermaker nation board. Go do your own thang GDamnit !

• Like 4

I am so very tired of watching Edey ball. I'm tired of his swinging elbows, of his walking through people with impunity. I'm tired of the Big Ten style of basketball Edey embodies, and I know it won't end when he leaves, but I'll be very glad to at least have him gone.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maedhros said:

I am so very tired of watching Edey ball. I'm tired of his swinging elbows, of his walking through people with impunity. I'm tired of the Big Ten style of basketball Edey embodies, and I know it won't end when he leaves, but I'll be very glad to at least have him gone.

You know PUke has two 7' + goones next year, right?  It kind of Painter's a picture.

I've kinda got to tip my cap to him. It's the ultimate F YOU ! . I can respect that just for the effort. 

15 hours ago, Maedhros said:

I believe he still has a Covid year. No lock he leaves.