Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

I have terrific news for the big tenĀ 

good-riddance-v0-xupwg51i3wuc1.jpeg.webp

Having worked with some mold polishers that put mirror finishes on steel, in order to maintain a flat surface you have to work in a crisscross pattern. Just saying.šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Having worked with some mold polishers that put mirror finishes on steel, in order to maintain a flat surface you have to work in a crisscross pattern. Just saying.šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Thatā€™s not how sanding wood floors works; itā€™s also not the same tolerance of flatness that smaller metal surfaces or machine work requires

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Thatā€™s not how sanding wood floors works; itā€™s also not the same tolerance of flatness that smaller metal surfaces or machine work requires

I will defer, not my specialty. Hence the šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

9 hours ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Now I want to know how to sand basketball courts. My entire night is ruined.Ā 

Just like wood floors in a house; straight parallel lines, with the grain, always overlapping what youā€™ve already sanded, never stop moving the sander while itā€™s engaged or youā€™ll create a divot.Ā 
Ā 

The guy in the picture was going at a slight diagonal, which could result in some scratches showing up once stain/finish is applied - probably not that big of a concern for a court, though it would be in a house.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rogue3542 said:

Just like wood floors in a house; straight parallel lines, with the grain, always overlapping what youā€™ve already sanded, never stop moving the sander while itā€™s engaged or youā€™ll create a divot.Ā 
Ā 

The guy in the picture was going at a slight diagonal, which could result in some scratches showing up once stain/finish is applied - probably not that big of a concern for a court, though it would be in a house.

Don't know whether he has the sanding drum on the floor in the pic (you can raise the drum off the floor), but having resurfaced a ton of bowling lanes back in the day, you're correct...with the grain...and NEVER stop with the drum on the floor...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, rogue3542 said:

Show me a wood or wood-like floor with the flatness of machined metal and I'll show you the world's biggest sheet of MDF. šŸ˜‚

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

Bag men like him are going to go the way of the dodo. Who needs a guy with under the table connections when you can pay guys above board?

Tom Crean was just talking about that on Hoosier Hysterics. Ā Your assistants should be geared toward player development. Ā 

My two cents but I would add strategy and scheme. Ā  No need to waste time on assistants who are there to ā€œrecruit.ā€ Ā  That should be handled in the player personnel (GM) office. Ā  IMO thatā€™s how it should be divided up. Ā 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Tom Crean was just talking about that on Hoosier Hysterics. Ā Your assistants should be geared toward player development. Ā 

My two cents but I would add strategy and scheme. Ā  No need to waste time on assistants who are there to ā€œrecruit.ā€ Ā  That should be handled in the player personnel (GM) office. Ā  IMO thatā€™s how it should be divided up. Ā 

In the days when ā€œincentivesā€ had to be of the wink-wink-nudge-nudge variety, having a guy with a ā€œnetworkā€ like Antigua made sense. Today, Crean is absolutely right. Talent acquisition needs to be in the hands of the head coach and the personnel/support group. Let the three actual assistants focus on skills and development.Ā 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

It also just dawned on meā€¦.Tom Crean would make a hell of an AD for somebody someday. His Achilles heel was always in game coaching and adjustments (and finding pants that fit). His long term vision and ability to work the media was always great.Ā 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

It also just dawned on meā€¦.Tom Crean would make a hell of an AD for somebody someday. His Achilles heel was always in game coaching and adjustments (and finding pants that fit). His long term vision and ability to work the media was always great.Ā 

He also had a really good eye for overlooked talent. Heā€™d be good at finding transfer talentĀ 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Super slimy lol.Ā 

Ā 

13 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

Bag men like him are going to go the way of the dodo. Who needs a guy with under the table connections when you can pay guys above board?

Still clinging to this narrative in 2024 is simply astounding. Please never change.Ā šŸ¤£

Orlando's pretty good at coaching up the big fellas, too.

12 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

In the days when ā€œincentivesā€ had to be of the wink-wink-nudge-nudge variety, having a guy with a ā€œnetworkā€ like Antigua made sense. Today, Crean is absolutely right. Talent acquisition needs to be in the hands of the head coach and the personnel/support group. Let the three actual assistants focus on skills and development.Ā 

You really think that "network" is not longer important?Ā šŸ¤£

6 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ā 

Still clinging to this narrative in 2024 is simply astounding. Please never change.Ā šŸ¤£

Orlando's pretty good at coaching up the big fellas, too.

Time only makes snails less slimy. Not people.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ā 

Have to emphatically agree on this point! Said it a couple times, Yes athletes are getting paid with NIL. However, family members, handlers, AAU coaches and promoters are not NIL recipients! THEY STILL HAVE THEIR HANDS OUT!!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Ā 

"Clinging" would imply that I had this narrative prior to 2024.Ā  Also, nice Reddit-style attempt at a shut down.Ā  "Please never change".Ā  What, no clown emoji? C'mon now...

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Nowhere near as important as it once was.Ā