Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 hour ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

IU has won 5 conference championships this year.  Not bad at all.

Only two sports Americans care about and PU whipped us in both.  Time to turn the tables

Edited by TiminNC

11 minutes ago, TiminNC said:

Only two sports American's care about and PU whipped us in both.  Time to turn the tables

I don’t really care what other people think.  I’m a fan of my university.  All of it.  Do I wish we had better seasons in those two?  Of course.  But in the meantime, IU won 5 conference championships and the PUkes won 1.  That’s good enough for me.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Like 5

44 minutes ago, TiminNC said:

Only two sports Americans care about and PU whipped us in both.  Time to turn the tables

The two years I was in B-town were the nadir of both the Mike Davis and Gerry DiNardo eras. I’m damn grateful we had two soccer national championships to celebrate, although much to the relief of IUPD, neither of those involved tear gas or the removal of light poles. 

Dammit. :coffee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Question #2 - What is Purdue's elite sport? 

It WAS women's basketball...that's the most significant National Championship they've won...

But sadly, that train has derailed as well...giphy(4)(23).gif.47806cef49bdf5bf44e1eeee7c374823.gif

10 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Respectfully asking, what makes your men's basketball elite?

Like RMK and game face…..I’ve never once thought about being elite 

As a CUB fan when everyone jumped on the bandwagon it ruined it 

Sure miss the $10 bleacher seats, Steve Stone  and no W flags on FB every single day 😳

Now $10 won’t cover the F you fees on every ticket 

rant over…go Reds 

21 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Respectfully asking, what makes your men's basketball elite?

I feel like depending on who you ask, the range of what makes a team/program elite can differ widely.  I think the last 3+ years, we’ve been an elite team/program. Remains to be seen if we can maintain it. 

5 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I feel like depending on who you ask, the range of what makes a team/program elite can differ widely.  I think the last 3+ years, we’ve been an elite team/program. Remains to be seen if we can maintain it. 

Good for you.