Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

51 minutes ago, rico said:

And I surmise Purdue will run into a team in the tournament that will copy MSU’s blueprint.

Oh no doubt. The recipe to beat Purdue is hope you shoot lights out from 3 and hope the refs let you get away with hacking Edey. Or hope that we have an off night shooting the ball but that was a bigger issue last year than this year. 

1 hour ago, Purdue7 said:

Sparty played it perfectly 

Play physical 

run through screens 

Jump into defenders 

Make it chippy 

When fouls get out of hand….like 8-2 scream & cry about refs and watch them “even” it out 

if MP played the bench the entire game tomorrow I’d be ok 

Smart coaching 

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Oh no doubt. The recipe to beat Purdue is hope you shoot lights out from 3 and hope the refs let you get away with hacking Edey. Or hope that we have an off night shooting the ball but that was a bigger issue last year than this year. 

Or that they actually call fouls that Edey commits

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, John S said:

Msu vs PU.  Fouls 29 to 17.  Fouls called on edey…1.   The Big Ten men bbal sucks big time.   

Wait till he gets to the NBA,…. He will finally get to feel what it’s like to have a foul called on him, plus gets 6 chances… lol

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Or that they actually call fouls that Edey commits

You realize it’s not some big conspiracy right? The folks that claim he’s getting preferential treatment in conference play  either don’t realize or forget that they didn’t lose in non-conference against one of the hardest schedules in the country. We can win ugly if we have to. 

3 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

You realize it’s not some big conspiracy right? The folks that claim he’s getting preferential treatment in conference play  either don’t realize or forget that they didn’t lose in non-conference against one of the hardest schedules in the country. We can win ugly if we have to. 

He definitely should get more fouls called against him than he does.  And unfortunately he will come Tournament time.  Not saying he isn't good.  He has a soft touch, knows his spacing and can shoot well within 12 feet.  He just gets away with alot of contact (B1G ref'ing issues for sure) and he takes advantage of it.  He won't get that consideration down the stretch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

IMG_6326.thumb.webp.11f6bb56c4edf922eaee0f07bb319ed3.webp

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

Is it just me, but does anyone else think TJD will eventually be more valuable and successful than Edey in the NBA? 
….not that it matters or s a p*ssin’ contest or anything? Lol

Yes, but Edey will be an All Star for the  Winnipeg Sea Bears

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hoosier82 said:

You’re not allowed to drape your arms over the shoulders, while making contact with the opponent infront of you.  It’s a foul 100% of the time on everyone else, even if it’s not technically referred to as “over the back” in the rule book. 

I was a ref at one time. no such rule as over the back as people like to call it. its a push you are calling. but yes I would foul Edey out in the first half of every game. Purdue is in trouble come tournament time by the way Big Ten refs call their games. Good refs will have Edey with 2 or 3 fouls in the first 15 mins.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

yes but you are going to lose so beautifully.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

We all know Purdue big men get preferential treatment. Think about how many people Issac Haas gave herpes too. 

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Wait till he gets to the NBA,…. He will finally get to feel what it’s like to have a foul called on him, plus gets 6 chances… lol

I’m always amazed how many of you are concerned about the NBA with current players 

I’m more excited Mason will finish his MBA this year 

56 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I was a ref at one time. no such rule as over the back as people like to call it. its a push you are calling. but yes I would foul Edey out in the first half of every game. Purdue is in trouble come tournament time by the way Big Ten refs call their games. Good refs will have Edey with 2 or 3 fouls in the first 15 mins.

Again, they didn’t lose before the conference started so this whole “once they get away from Big Ten refs” idea doesn’t hold any weight. Edey has yet to be in serious foul trouble in any of the NCAA tournament games he’s played in so why would that magically change this year?