Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

Is it just me, but does anyone else think TJD will eventually be more valuable and successful than Edey in the NBA? 
….not that it matters or s a p*ssin’ contest or anything? Lol

I don’t think it’s that crazy. The league isn’t like it was 20 years ago where guys Edey’s size had a bigger role. 

1 hour ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

He definitely should get more fouls called against him than he does.  And unfortunately he will come Tournament time.  Not saying he isn't good.  He has a soft touch, knows his spacing and can shoot well within 12 feet.  He just gets away with alot of contact (B1G ref'ing issues for sure) and he takes advantage of it.  He won't get that consideration down the stretch.

Based on his past tournaments, he’s been called for 0 fouls, 1 foul, 2 fouls (twice), and 3 fouls. The 3-foul game was when he backed up Trevion. So I’m curious why you think it’ll be different this tournament than his past ones?

6 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Again, they didn’t lose before the conference started so this whole “once they get away from Big Ten refs” idea doesn’t hold any weight. Edey has yet to be in serious foul trouble in any of the NCAA tournament games he’s played in so why would that magically change this year?

image.gif.6125955dca1d32d0f19bf704f1cff403.gif

Illini better get on the stick... Buckeyes up 8... The 2 freshmen, Royal and Middleton, along with Thornton leading the way...

Going to be interesting if they lobby for Diebler because OSU does have a ton of young talent... 

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Who do we want to win? I feel if Ohio State wins, our win Ohio State wins become Quad 1 but if we play them tomorrow and win then they become Quad 2?

I'm pulling for ILL.

43 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

So did Holtmann not realize that Royal and Middleton were on the team?

If you are the Ohio state AD, do you dismiss the entire team for OBVIOUSLY corn holing their season. (in the prison sense of corn hole). against their previous coach? This assistant coach has not found the cure for cancer within 2 days of him taking over. Those players for osu are scum untrust worthy for what they INTENTIONALLY did this year and last. NEVER to be trusted again. They cut their own throat, inspite of themselves. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Am I reading this box score right? 27 fouls for Ohio St and 13 for Illinois and it was a nailbiter?

Yep...I didn't know the discrepancy was that big until I looked...

To be honest, I thought it was a decently called game... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Yep...I didn't know the discrepancy was that big until I looked...

To be honest, I thought it was a decently called game... 

Been playing bags/3 contests and other games.... and drinking most of the afternoon and evening. Just got home so I can watch our game but saw the box score and was like what??

8 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

If you are the Ohio state AD, do you dismiss the entire team for OBVIOUSLY corn holing their season. (in the prison sense of corn hole). against their previous coach? 

Not sure if this is correct? Based on what I saw during Holtmann's tenure there wasn't a lot of penetration.

Just now, Seeking6 said:

Been playing bags/3 contests and other games.... and drinking most of the afternoon and evening. Just got home so I can watch our game but saw the box score and was like what??

Ohio State's youth killed them down the stretch...

• Like 2