Big Ten Basketball 2023-2024

45 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Indiana Code 9-21-8-36. Always yield. Always. I'm on the Monon daily when in town. Mostly between 86th and Carmel Dr....I see near misses all the time. 

Feel bad for all involved. Mistake and now several families will live with that forever.

I know that pedestrians have the right of way and when driving that's what I do. But when I was running on the roads, and now when I'm walking, I want to decide when I cross. I will deliberately stand back from the crossing so that drivers won't see me about to cross. When it is clear, I cross. That way drivers don't have to wonder what I am about to do.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, cthomas said:

I know that pedestrians have the right of way and when driving that's what I do. But when I was running on the roads, and now when I'm walking, I want to decide when I cross. I will deliberately stand back from the crossing so that drivers won't see me about to cross. When it is clear, I cross. That way drivers don't have to wonder what I am about to do.

I hate that law. For one thing, not everyone knows it and it puts pedestrians in danger.

It also opens drivers up to getting into more vehicle accidents because someone has to slaw on their break for a pedestrian.

It still sticks out in my mind probably 5 years ago walking the Monon and crossing south at 111th, a car stopped to let me pass and the car behind them sped around them. Obviously that car was in the wrong, but it still could have killed someone. 

• Like 3

@The Daily Hoosier's take on Maryland 

I think Seth Tow hits the nail on the head by pointing out while they have 3 of the most talented kids in the league (Scott, Reese, and Young) they're going to lack experience at the other 2 spots and have depth issues.

Julian Reese needs to start equaling his sister, Angel's, game (if not her NIL money too). Two interesting stats on him... He either fouled out or had 4 fouls in almost half of Maryland's games last year... And, as a freshman he hit 30% of his 3 point attempts (7 for 23) but last year he didn't take a shot outside of the arc...

Middle of the road on their Big 10 schedule...

MARYLAND
Home: Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue
Away: Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, Rutgers 

With XJ back, I like our matchup in the backcourt... I think he can negate Jahmir Young... Galloway on freshman DeShawn Harris-Smith should be to our advantage... As should Mgbako on Jamie Kaiser (remember him?)... Donta Scott will be the hard matchup... Anthony Walker might get good minutes in our games with them to check Scott... 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

@The Daily Hoosier's take on Maryland 

I think Seth Tow hits the nail on the head by pointing out while they have 3 of the most talented kids in the league (Scott, Reese, and Young) they're going to lack experience at the other 2 spots and have depth issues.

Julian Reese needs to start equaling his sister, Angel's, game (if not her NIL money too). Two interesting stats on him... He either fouled out or had 4 fouls in almost half of Maryland's games last year... And, as a freshman he hit 30% of his 3 point attempts (7 for 23) but last year he didn't take a shot outside of the arc...

Middle of the road on their Big 10 schedule...

MARYLAND
Home: Michigan, Nebraska, Purdue
Away: Minnesota, Ohio State, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern, Penn State, Rutgers 

With XJ back, I like our matchup in the backcourt... I think he can negate Jahmir Young... Galloway on freshman DeShawn Harris-Smith should be to our advantage... As should Mgbako on Jamie Kaiser (remember him?)... Donta Scott will be the hard matchup... Anthony Walker might get good minutes in our games with them to check Scott... 

Jamie Kaiser?  We recruit him?

@The Daily Hoosier's take on Illinois 

I think we know what you get with both Shannon (athletic, can be a dynamic scorer, but questionable shot selection) and Coleman (has the physical tools but not a basketball genius)... Dainja can be a difference maker, but he's got to get into real basketball shape...

The no real point guard thing is big to me...Shannon? Rodgers? Are you kidding me?

ILLINOIS
Home: Indiana, Minnesota, Nebraska
Away: Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin
Home/Away: Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Purdue, Rutgers

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I am not sure Purdue will play the lineup he says for them a single minute.... 

Something would either have to go horribly wrong or it’d be a blowout for that to happen. I don’t think I can see Furst and TKR playing together especially with Gillis. That’s 3 4’s on the floor at one time lol. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Something would either have to go horribly wrong or it’d be a blowout for that to happen. I don’t think I can see Furst and TKR playing together especially with Gillis. That’s 3 4’s on the floor at one time lol. 

"horribly wrong" explains Purdue...

• Haha 9

@The Daily Hoosier's look at Iowa 

Perkins and Sandfort are nice players, but I don't think they can make up for losing Kris Murray and Filip Rebraca, who was in my mind at the top of 2nd tier 5s in the Big 10 last year... 

Not the worst schedule... Penn State and Minnesota twice doesn't hurt... 

IOWA
Home: Nebraska, Ohio State, Rutgers
Away: Indiana, Michigan State, Northwestern
Home/Away: Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin

• 2 weeks later...

I found this article funny... IU picked 12th in the conference (although the guy does admit they could finish as high as 3rd)...

But these two lines cracked me up...

"It also doesn’t help that returning PG Xavier Johnson hurt his knee midway through last year" 🤔

"One factor is that my model thinks that Mike Woodson has underachieved the roster talent both seasons on the job so far in Bloomington. Switch him with Illinois’ Brad Underwood and Indiana would be 5th." 😮

This guy has some work to do if the Huskies join the Big 10... 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I found this article funny... IU picked 12th in the conference (although the guy does admit they could finish as high as 3rd)...

"It also doesn’t help that returning PG Xavier Johnson hurt his knee midway through last year" 🤔

"One factor is that my model thinks that Mike Woodson has underachieved the roster talent both seasons on the job so far in Bloomington. Switch him with Illinois’ Brad Underwood and Indiana would be 5th." 😮

This guy's going has some work to do if the Huskies join the Big 10... 

“It also doesn’t help that returning PG Xavier Johnson hurt his knee midway through last year and my model doesn’t know the low playing time was because of injury versus not being able to crack through the rotation.”

That’s quite a model. So, if Edey had missed much of last year with an injury, he’d have Purdue near the bottom of the league? 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I look forward to this turd sandwich getting a closer look at IU's program as his puppies get thrashed.

9 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Chucky Hepburn plays both guard and center?  And he plays them both well...

3rd Team: Wisconsin G Chucky Hepburn, Michigan State G Tyson Walker, Michigan State G Jaden Akins, Indiana F Kel’el Ware, Wisconsin C Chucky Hepburn

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, rico said:

Chucky Hepburn plays both guard and center?  And he plays them both well...

3rd Team: Wisconsin G Chucky Hepburn, Michigan State G Tyson Walker, Michigan State G Jaden Akins, Indiana F Kel’el Ware, Wisconsin C Chucky Hepburn

It's that "Bride of Frankenstein" hairdo... 🙂

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Max Vrooman, shouldn’t you be coming up with a new pseudo name like Mario Speedwagon?

• Haha 1