2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

3 hours ago, Tom White said:

As long as they don't follow the path of Bird's early commercials. I think it was his first one - "Ma. The old gray Ford ain't what she used to be." - That may be the very worst commercial I've ever seen.

Through the window, off the bleachers, nothing but net

16 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

There just happened to be a flight from Bloomington to Laporte this morning 🙂 

So they're probably not driving 

no wonder our recruiting budget dwarfs everyone else's budget.  Can't even drive for in-state visits lol

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

no wonder our recruiting budget dwarfs everyone else's budget.  Can't even drive for in-state visits lol

3.5hr drive Bloomington to LaPorte-- 215 miles

2hr 55 min drive LaPorte to Greenfield- 170 miles 

3hr 5min drive Greenfield to Heritage Hills- 165 miles 

It's not even doable in a day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, btownqb said:

was the contact period only today?

Just thought it was odd to be flying around in-state but whatever.  Hopefully it helps and 2025 bears more fruit than 2024.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Driving, no, but the same plane that went to Laporte from Bloomington this morning at 6 am, landed at Indy regional (12 northeast of the city) about an hour ago...short drive to Greenfield...

Be looking for a flight plan from Indy regional to Huntingburg airport this afternoon 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Driving, no, but the same plane that went to Laporte from Bloomington this morning at 6 am, landed at Indy regional (12 northeast of the city) about an hour ago...short drive to Greenfield...

Be looking for a flight plan from Indy regional to Huntingburg airport this afternoon 

Yes, I agree. makes perfect sense lol 

12 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

UI had typically spent more than us in the B10, and under Teflon John, UK's dwarfed everyone in the country. 

Part of it is if you look at the geography of B-town and Champaign, they're really in the middle of nowhere.  The only real recruiting area that's close to B-town is Indy. Louisville is 2 hours, Cincinnati is 2.5 by map time (although you can get to the west side in 2 hrs 10 minutes...don't ask me how I know).  And once you're off the interstates....y'all know as well as I do that all bets are off.  You run the risk of getting stuck behind Farmer Bob or Granny McBluehair for 10-15 minutes until you can get past them. 

If it's a choice of driving 4 hours or flying 90 minutes, it's a question of productivity.  8 hours of driving is a lost day aside from whatever event I'm going to.  3 hours of flight time is 3 hours I could be doing something else on my way to whatever event, in addition to getting 5 hours back. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Last week in the morning I drove from Indy to Kokomo and back to Indy. In the after noon I went from Indy to Salem then back to Indy. Actually was in Brownstown twice last week.

6 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

This is IU basketball.  I'm surprised we're not nitpicking what the coaches are wearing to visits.

It’s the recruits perception. Like ‘what I’m not good enough you can’t spend some jack to fly?’ Or maybe I’m waiting for this one ‘I’m not good enough for a trip on my own you had to bundle?’

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

That is probably the Mount Comfort Airport which is probably 6 miles from Greenfield 

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Last week in the morning I drove from Indy to Kokomo and back to Indy. In the after noon I went from Indy to Salem then back to Indy. Actually was in Brownstown twice last week.

That's easy compared, incredibly easy, compared to the drive we're talking about. 4-5 hours ish round trip for all of that. 

I like the drive from Indy to Kokomo.