2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

Just now, DC2345 said:

Hunter was big in IU landing Ware. He also was the lead for Newton and Banks which both both looked good at the time. Hunter hasn't really done much since he landed X. 

Did you mean to say Rosemond, instead of Hunter, to start? I thought he was the lead on Ware. 

5 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Sagarin says 6-7 points, but it's at Delta. Greenfield will need to play quite a bit better than they did at Shelbyville, for example. 

At the same time Pendleton dismantled Delta because they struggle with their size. Greenfield on the other hand beat Pendleton and their bigs are more physical than Pendleton's. 

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

At the same time Pendleton dismantled Delta because they struggle with their size. Greenfield on the other hand beat Pendleton and their bigs are more physical than Pendleton's. 

I just don't think Greenfield is good enough to show up and wipe the floor with Delta. If Greenfield isn't sharp, on the road, and Delta plays one of their better games.... it's going to be 32 min-- single-digit game. 

Delta plays poorly-- Greenfield cruises. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I just don't think Greenfield is good enough to show up and wipe the floor with Delta. If Greenfield isn't sharp, on the road, and Delta plays one of their better games.... it's going to be 32 min-- single-digit game. 

Delta plays poorly-- Greenfield cruises. 

i am heading down to my alma matter, Yorktown tonight to see them play Pendleton Heights. Yorktown has had some pretty impressive wins and several close games. Hopefully it will be a good game and worth the 3 hour drive.

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

i am heading down to my alma matter, Yorktown tonight to see them play Pendleton Heights. Yorktown has had some pretty impressive wins and several close games. Hopefully it will be a good game and worth the 3 hour drive.

Jesus, do you live in Canada? 

Never been inside Yorktown HS, PH HS... both green in colors though. 

Back to Mullins--- anyone know if the game tonight will be streamed? 

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I live in Portage, Michigan right outside of Kalamazoo.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I am going down with a high school friend and teammate. He played middle linebacker for Ball State for 72-76. He was a grad assistant at Ball State under Dave McClain, coached at Bowling Green, Miami of Ohio and Wisconsin. When he left Miami. Kurt recommended Terry Hoeppner as his replacement. Kurt's brother-in-law is Mike Debord. Unfortunately Mike had a massive stroke a couple of years ago is in an assisted living facility. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jefftheref said:

I am going down with a high school friend and teammate. He played middle linebacker for Ball State for 72-76. He was a grad assistant at Ball State under Dave McClain, coached at Bowling Green, Miami of Ohio and Wisconsin. When he left Miami. Kurt recommended Terry Hoeppner as his replacement. Kurt's brother-in-law is Mike Debord. Unfortunately Mike had a massive stroke a couple of years ago is in an assisted living facility. 

Have fun man. Hope you have a great time! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Yorktown is predicted to win by 1 I'm guessing it'll be a fairly close game either way it goes. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Yorktown is predicted to win by 1 I'm guessing it'll be a fairly close game either way it goes. 

I was talking with Coach Moulton yesterday and he said it was going to be a tough game and he hoped they could pull it out. Last time I saw them play was against Greenfield when Mullins was a Freshman. He was pretty impressive then. 

5 hours ago, jefftheref said:

I was talking with Coach Moulton yesterday and he said it was going to be a tough game and he hoped they could pull it out. Last time I saw them play was against Greenfield when Mullins was a Freshman. He was pretty impressive then. 

Pendleton has size but they are inconsistent from 3. If they are hitting they can be dangerous. 

Get the Indiana kids that know how to play, know what IU is about, and can shoot. Mix in highly rated, talented out of state kids that fit in. I know we all just want the kids that best fit our roster/style regardless of location, but I think we’ve found out over the years that those kids are usually sitting in our backyard. We don’t solely need kids with a lot of stars next to their names. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Get the Indiana kids that know how to play, know what IU is about, and can shoot. Mix in highly rated, talented out of state kids that fit in. I know we all just want the kids that best fit our roster/style regardless of location, but I think we’ve found out over the years that those kids are usually sitting in our backyard. We don’t solely need kids with a lot of stars next to their names. 

Far too long now recently, post Zeller and company and a few others, IU guys have been more about the photo ops.  Not to take a cheap shot at Lander but too many have come here to expand their 'brand'.  

How about you go about your business,  be about your business and watch the business follow you, instead of the other way around.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

This!

This is the recruiting approach that Knight used to fuel three championships (along with GOAT coaching skills), and IMO, we began to drift away from it almost immediately after he left, and haven't ever really returned to it.

We got somewhat enamored with "stars" and "better athletes" and drifted away the formula that had been so successful. You definitely need talent, but it doesn't have to be 80% "5 star" talent.

21 minutes ago, BankShot said:

This!

This is the recruiting approach that Knight used to fuel three championships (along with GOAT coaching skills), and IMO, we began to drift away from it almost immediately after he left, and haven't ever really returned to it.

We got somewhat enamored with "stars" and "better athletes" and drifted away the formula that had been so successful. You definitely need talent, but it doesn't have to be 80% "5 star" talent.

87 team says hello. 3 indiana kids and only one played(Alford). You take the best and if it’s Indiana kids then cool. Indiana isn’t the hotbed it once was. You do get some players that have something to prove after getting snubbed. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Victobmyboy said:

87 team says hello. 3 indiana kids and only one played(Alford). You take the best and if it’s Indiana kids then cool. Indiana isn’t the hotbed it once was. You do get some players that have something to prove after getting snubbed. 

This and lest we forget about ‘the movement.’ I’ll put it this way by people’s own argument, Indiana kids have better coaches, better competition and all the arguments for taking Indiana kids. I’d rather take similarly ranked kids who have better upside because they didn’t have all of the advantages!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BankShot said:

This!

It started at the end of the RMK era when he decided he was tired of recruiting. You remember the Patterson, Miller and Reed class.

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

So you want the kids with more stars next to their name in every occasion no matter where they are from? 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

So you want the kids with more stars next to their name in every occasion no matter where they are from? 

Don’t mistake best with stars. We see how a certain southern Indiana 5* turned out. You want talent whether they are from Indiana or Yemen.