2025 SG Braylon Mullins

KDB

23 hours ago, KDB said:

On a more positive note compared to my last post, hearing he really enjoyed his visit yesterday. Like I said, I believe Braylon wants to go to IU. I was probably too doom and gloom in the moment saying I'd be "very surprised" if he comes with Woodson as the Head Coach (even though that’s basically how it was described to me). I still feel if we continue to put the proper work I believe we will have a strong chance regardless, but I do think this recruitment will be more difficult than I thought it would be a couple months ago with our recent struggles and overall negativity that we're all aware of surrounding the program. Bottom line is, this staff should be able to land him with how much he likes IU, which has been the case for a while.

Hey, I'm just using this post and Mullins as an example for understanding recruiting at large. It's not an indictment on you at all, just easier to ask questions based on the statements you've written. (I'll obviously be using CMW in this, but it could apply to any coach and staff in the country)...

If Mullins likes the school, but is hesitant about playing for Woodson, who is the "we" that still needs to do "proper work"? Is it the collective assistants or one in particular? Support staff? Woodson himself?? What is the actual "work" that needs to be done and presented to Mullins that satisfies and clears away any of his hesitation?

And are you saying Mullins is reluctant to come to IU because of CMW or because of the negativity surrounding CMW's tenure and program?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

Hey, I'm just using this post and Mullins as an example for understanding recruiting at large. It's not an indictment on you at all, just easier to ask questions based on the statements you've written. (I'll obviously be using CMW in this, but it could apply to any coach and staff in the country)...

If Mullins likes the school, but is hesitant about playing for Woodson, who is the "we" that still needs to do "proper work"? Is it the collective assistants or one in particular? Support staff? Woodson himself?? What is the actual "work" that needs to be done and presented to Mullins that satisfies and clears away any of his hesitation?

And are you saying Mullins is reluctant to come to IU because of CMW or because of the negativity surrounding CMW's tenure and program?

Walsh is the lead guy here. Howard and Hulls were involved a lot at the beginning of IU’s pursuit. Woodson here and there. I just mean Indiana as a whole.

Point is, when I say “proper work”, I really just mean IU staying in consistent communication throughout the entirety of his recruitment. Head Coach involvement specifically is definitely important. For example, Shrews has a good long time relationship with Braylon’s dad. He’s very involved in ND’s pursuit. It matters in every recruitment. Woody going to see Braylon in person during sectionals was good, and I think there was good conversation on his visit Sunday. I actually think Woodson has done a decent job in that regard here.

I get the vibe that there are mainly concerns regarding Woodson’s age, and obviously after the struggles the majority of this season and fan outburst, his job security long term.

The family as a whole loves IU and the brand of Indiana Basketball, and I believe he loves the idea of being a Hoosier. I think there’s just some hesitancy because of what I listed above, and it doesn’t mean IU can’t win the recruitment, because they can.. I just don’t feel as good as I did in the past.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

He can’t say for sure one single teammate he will have 

He has never seen a wing guard get featured in the offense 

Both of these could change 

mmmm JHS wasn't featured? MM is being featured right now. 

Decent point about teammates. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 2

Depending on how well Galloway is playing, Mbako is roughly our third option behind Ware and Reneau. He's featured as much as he can be, given that when those two are on, they can *almost* score at will.

While I personally would like to see more balance across our roster, Mullins could definitely find some good minutes on a second unit and build up from there.

5 hours ago, KDB said:

Walsh is the lead guy here. Howard and Hulls were involved a lot at the beginning of IU’s pursuit. Woodson here and there. I just mean Indiana as a whole.

Point is, when I say “proper work”, I really just mean IU staying in consistent communication throughout the entirety of his recruitment. Head Coach involvement specifically is definitely important. For example, Shrews has a good long time relationship with Braylon’s dad. He’s very involved in ND’s pursuit. It matters in every recruitment. Woody going to see Braylon in person during sectionals was good, and I think there was good conversation on his visit Sunday. I actually think Woodson has done a decent job in that regard here.

I get the vibe that there are mainly concerns regarding Woodson’s age, and obviously after the struggles the majority of this season and fan outburst, his job security long term.

The family as a whole loves IU and the brand of Indiana Basketball, and I believe he loves the idea of being a Hoosier. I think there’s just some hesitancy because of what I listed above, and it doesn’t mean IU can’t win the recruitment, because they can.. I just don’t feel as good as I did in the past.

So if we fired Woodson next spring and hired Shrews, we'd be a lock to get him? Lol.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

He can’t say for sure one single teammate he will have 

He has never seen a wing guard get featured in the offense 

Both of these could change 

When Indiana finally hires a good coach and starts winning at a good level, will you Purdue guys be over here? Lol. Amazing how many Purdue fans post on IU boards when IU is down.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Is there any talk about a timeline for when he may make a decision?

If I remember correctly I wanna say he did an interview and said he wants to wait until after the summer but I could be wrong. 

• Thanks 1

On 3/25/2024 at 1:01 PM, btownqb said:

he apparently has the goods on Mullins

Rumor has it Woodson is pitching a big 3 in the 2025 class of Moreno, Mullins, and Sisley. All 3 AAU teammates. Sisley is the one holding things up. If he’s in then the other 2 are in. Woodson went all in on these 3 after the McNeeley debacle.

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Rumor has it Woodson is pitching a big 3 in the 2025 class of Moreno, Mullins, and Sisley. All 3 AAU teammates. Sisley is the one holding things up. If he’s in then the other 2 are in. Woodson went all in on these 3 after the McNeeley debacle.

I am very confident in saying that rumor is not true. The whole "if Sisley's in the other two are in" that is. That is made up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, KDB said:

I am very confident in saying that rumor is not true. The whole "if Sisley's in the other two are in" that is. That is made up.

At this point I don’t believe anything Woody is peddling. I’m sure he is selling quite the story to makeup for losing his lone 24 recruit and is now on the hot seat.

I will say, someone who knows all 3 of them thinks they very well could all end up at IU. They're all friends, they all like IU, it's definitely possible. If UK pushes for Moreno I think that becomes much more difficult to land him but otherwise IU is in a good spot right now there. It's just the whole "If Sisley's in the other two are in" - yeah, that's not a thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, KDB said:

I will say, someone who knows all 3 of them thinks they very well could all end up at IU. They're all friends, they all like IU, it's definitely possible. If UK pushes for Moreno I think that becomes much more difficult to land him but otherwise IU is in a good spot right now there. It's just the whole "If Sisley's in the other two are in" - yeah, that's not a thing.

He posted the screenshot of the text, FWIW. 

Just now, btownqb said:

He posted the screenshot of the text, FWIW. 

I saw it. I can say with high confidence that's not accurate.

They can all end up at IU. I'm sure they've talked about it. But there's no "Sisley's in, we're in."

10 hours ago, KDB said:

I can say with certainty there is a certain level of validity to it. The Sisley part is the part that isn't accurate based on what I've heard. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

The Sisley part is the part that isn't accurate based on what I've heard. 

That's the part I'm saying isn't accurate. The Woodson pitch part of it? Not sure. Makes sense considering they're all going to be teammates on Indiana Elite.

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

That's the part I'm saying isn't accurate. The Woodson pitch part of it? Not sure. Makes sense considering they're all going to be teammates on Indiana Elite.

The Woodson pitch is almost certainly accurate. I do know things moved in a positive direction for IU after their most recent visit were Sisley and Mullins went together.  Woodson reiterated that they were priority recruits moving forward and I'm sure he pitched them the opportunity of playing together. I also know what NIL amount Mullins was supposedly offered but I'm not sure about the others. 

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1