2023-24 Big 10 Predictions

IUFLA

2 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Team full of Purdue guys there to get degrees and represent our school!

couldn’t feel any better 

31 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You're precious 

The good old Purdue Polly Purebred act..

Screenshot_20231011-173612.thumb.png.40b954fd7a43907aaca9b05a50651b83.png

And I do believe Woody made JHS promise to come back and get his degree... 

• Like 3

On 10/11/2023 at 12:52 PM, btownqb said:

What?!?!?!?! You game planned to allow an NBA 1st rd draft pick to get to the spots on the floor that he scores at the best and you don't think you're at a coaching deficiency when you play us!?!?! 

"He hit a lot in those games".. he hit a lot of them all year!

Matt Painter isn't sniffed at as an NBA option at HC. There's a difference. 

And when they did try to switch it left kopp or TJD wide open. Just think if IU had a real wing how bad that loss would’ve been. 

2 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Yeah it would’ve been. Luckily JHS moved on and I think we’ll have a better chance defending you guys this year compared to last year. 

You think the midrange won’t be open on the PNR? We have a freshman that can create and loves the mid game. Plus X is no slouch in that action either. X will be the best defender on the floor too. What he will do to smith/loyer will be criminal. I bet IU sweeps again. We split regardless imho. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Kinda hard to take this seriously when (1) Illinois and Iowa are both missing a conference game and (2) Many of the teams in question don't even remotely resemble last year's version.

These numbers are about as irrelevant as they can be before any of these teams have played a single minute this season.  If IU finishes 9th in the Big Ten, IU fan forums will have a complete meltdown.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Kinda hard to take this seriously when (1) Illinois and Iowa are both missing a conference game and (2) Many of the teams in question don't even remotely resemble last year's version.

These numbers are about as irrelevant as they can be before any of these teams have played a single minute this season.  If IU finishes 9th in the Big Ten, IU fan forums will have a complete meltdown.

Where were we predicted lat year, before coming in 2nd? I can't recall.

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Yeah Ken had a typo and had Illinois playing "Iona" on 2/24. 🤣 It's fixed now.

Edited by BruceDouglas

2 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Like Podz, he picked a good destination. Gonna have the ball in his hands a lot for that team.

So what did you think of Underwood's handling of Epps? I remembered this from our game with the Illini in Bloomington, and I thought then he'd probably leave...

Grabbing a kid like that and spewing MFs at him isn't gonna go over well with the vast majority of today's players... 

On 10/18/2023 at 4:36 PM, IUFLA said:

So what did you think of Underwood's handling of Epps? I remembered this from our game with the Illini in Bloomington, and I thought then he'd probably leave...

Grabbing a kid like that and spewing MFs at him isn't gonna go over well with the vast majority of today's players... 

I don't think it's a secret how Underwood coaches so it's something they should know when they choose Illinois. I think a lot of players think they want to be "coached hard" like that but it's different when you're actually there. Epps got yelled at by Brad during the NW and refused to go back in the game so the writing was on the wall at that point.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

I don't think it's a secret how Underwood coaches so it's something they should know when they choose Illinois. I think a lot of players think they want to be "coached hard" like that but it's different when you're actually there. Epps got yelled at by Brad during the NW and refused to go back in the game so the writing was on the wall at that point.

Welcome to Bob Knight's world... of course it was a bit more acceptable then...except to Lou Henson 🙂

But I think Underwood is screwing up with the public stuff... he doesn't get the bad press RMK did because he hasn't made that many enemies in the press (which in RMK's day was everyone in media, save Bob Hammel)... 

Edited by IUFLA

14 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Izzo kinda coaches like that too…but the difference I see is Izzo also has won a championship and put numerous kids in the first rd. If what we see on game day is this..you know it’s 2x bad behind the scenes. Even kids that want to be coached hard get burnt out that close to the sun all the time. Not sure about Brad but I know Knight would also pull them aside encourage them or give enough praise to keep them from disengaging. But tough love is not very popular now days.

We are on the cusp of a season with some serious talent that isn't getting much respect. It's not time to worry about a year from now, as a fan base. In Woody and staff I trust. It's time to go full blown CRMK and kick some ass.  I honestly hope pUKe players totally flame out. In every aspect of life, existence. If you can't identify scum with this much evidence, You are not saveable. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...