2023-24 Big 10 Predictions

IUFLA

• 1 month later...
20 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

OSU definitely one of the biggest underachievers and I’d say Nebraska has been the biggest surprise with how solid they’ve been. 

MSU has to be the biggest underachiever. Started the season ranked #4 in the country and some thought they'd win the conference. 

On 1/17/2024 at 11:25 AM, KoB2011 said:

Good time to revisit now that we are more than halfway through the regular season. 

Yeah, some good ones to go back and laugh about.

On 9/27/2023 at 11:18 AM, NotIThatLives said:

No.  But if you want to give money away, put it on Illinois.  

Can you explain why they are getting so much love?  You know them more than anyone.   I love your 2 guard.  But that's a pretty flawed roster.  

Very flawed! 🤣

On 9/27/2023 at 9:06 PM, NotIThatLives said:

I am utterly confused on the Hawkins love.  So what he's 6'10", he shoots 28% from 3. 

Is your transfer class one of the best in the nation?  Doesn't look like clear cut high end B1G talent but 2 maybe 3 solid pieces.  

😂

On 9/27/2023 at 9:16 PM, FKIM01 said:

Never much impressed with Coleman Hawkins.  Seems like a fair amount of hype without much to back it up.  Maybe I missed all his good games, but meh from what I saw.

On 9/29/2023 at 7:52 AM, IUFLA said:

Also, the fact that they're vying with powerhouses like Colorado Stae, UC Santa Barbara, and Cal State Fullerton for a 2024 3 star combo guard (Jase Butler) tells me the word is getting around that Underwood might not be the coach for talented, high end guards...

Even the recruiting takes were gold! 🤣

On 10/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, Hoosier987 said:

I expect us to finish in the top 4 maybe higher.

On 10/10/2023 at 9:31 AM, IUFLA said:

I've read every prediction column that's been posted in this thread, and I come to one conclusion...

The thing all of the writers are really underestimating is Mike Woodson... We have as much raw talent with potential as we've ever had... and the doubts I see are all on whether the talent can be maximized and mesh...

So, as Woody always says, he has to get them "over the hump."

I think we're gonna surprise a lot of people this year... 

Or not

On 10/19/2023 at 6:22 PM, IUFLA said:

Welcome to Bob Knight's world... of course it was a bit more acceptable then...except to Lou Henson 🙂

But I think Underwood is screwing up with the public stuff... he doesn't get the bad press RMK did because he hasn't made that many enemies in the press (which in RMK's day was everyone in media, save Bob Hammel)... 

Funny thing after the Rutgers game they asked Guerrier if being older helped him deal with Brad yelling at him. His answer was that "Boeheim was much worse". 😂

1 hour ago, BruceDouglas said:

Very flawed! 🤣

😂

Or not

Funny thing after the Rutgers game they asked Guerrier if being older helped him deal with Brad yelling at him. His answer was that "Boeheim was much worse". 😂

At least Hawkins plays hard.  Still will be shocked if he makes the NBA.  Also, mid season is a little early to pound your chest.  You sure you aren't actually a Purdue fan?  Don't go raising banners yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/10/2023 at 9:31 AM, IUFLA said:

I've read every prediction column that's been posted in this thread, and I come to one conclusion...

The thing all of the writers are really underestimating is Mike Woodson... We have as much raw talent with potential as we've ever had... and the doubts I see are all on whether the talent can be maximized and mesh...

So, as Woody always says, he has to get them "over the hump."

I think we're gonna surprise a lot of people this year... 

good lord 

the “hump” was preseason ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 1/22/2024 at 1:33 PM, BruceDouglas said:

Very flawed! 🤣

😂

Or not

Always fun to go back through to see who was spot on and who was way off lol. 

On 10/12/2023 at 9:08 PM, Victobmyboy said:

You think the midrange won’t be open on the PNR? We have a freshman that can create and loves the mid game. Plus X is no slouch in that action either. X will be the best defender on the floor too. What he will do to smith/loyer will be criminal. I bet IU sweeps again. We split regardless imho. 

200.webp?cid=6c09b952mgaup4eva1rdhbbdzha

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Always fun to go back through to see who was spot on and who was way off lol. 

200.webp?cid=6c09b952mgaup4eva1rdhbbdzha

Prob bad timing on this. Easy way to wear out your welcome with a lot of people who typically tolerate or are cordial. If an IU fan gave this prediction on your board, fine. But coming here and pointing stuff out like this? 

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Prob bad timing on this. Easy way to wear out your welcome with a lot of people who typically tolerate or are cordial. If an IU fan gave this prediction on your board, fine. But coming here and pointing stuff out like this? 

No different than @BruceDouglas or @Purdue7 posting on here recently IMO. To me, bad timing would’ve been right after the second game against you guys. 

Just now, Stlboiler23 said:

No different than @BruceDouglas or @Purdue7 posting on here recently IMO. To me, bad timing would’ve been right after the second game against you guys. 

I can take it. But we’re 14-12 (6-10)…. With the environment and rhetoric going on, I’d say bad timing. This isn’t a Purdue board. I wouldn’t poke the bear on a Purdue message board with a similar situation going on. Do any IU fans even participate on Purdue forums?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I can take it. But we’re 14-12 (6-10)…. With the environment and rhetoric going on, I’d say bad timing. This isn’t a Purdue board. I wouldn’t poke the bear on a Purdue message board with a similar situation going on. Do any IU fans even participate on Purdue forums?

He's good, man. Far from a problem. Besides, if you want to get him back, just start talking trash about Cardinal baseball.😂

35 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

He's good, man. Far from a problem. Besides, if you want to get him back, just start talking trash about Cardinal baseball.😂

Just hoping Lance Lynn doesn’t give up a million homers like he did last year lol. 

Edited by Stlboiler23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I can’t. Dad is a Cardinals fan. My mom is from Jersey and I used to spend a couple weeks every summer up there from the time I was born, so unfortunately I’m a Yankees fan. Looks like I have more titles than him in both sports. 😂

4 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I can’t. Dad is a Cardinals fan. My mom is from Jersey and I used to spend a couple weeks every summer up there from the time I was born, so unfortunately I’m a Yankees fan. Looks like I have more titles than him in both sports. 😂

From the blue and orange side of the subway.....shove it in your cakehole 😂

• Haha 1