2024 PG Daquan Davis Commits to Florida State

Hoosierfan1901

The last sentence could be a hint that this will be quick.. Combine that with the fact he only mentions us - we might be the favorite and it might happen quickly.

Also, Trilly replied to that with "You're gonna get somebody in trouble for this, Joe."

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, KDB said:

The last sentence could be a hint that this will be quick.. Combine that with the fact he only mentions us - we might be the favorite and it might happen quickly.

Also, Trilly replied to that with "You're gonna get somebody in trouble for this, Joe."

So we miss on Fland. Backchannel to this kids family that we might be interested if he decommits, he decommits, and now we'll find. I do like the idea of larger guards, PG's,etc...we saw how much they meant in our matchups vs Purdue. 

If our staff likes him cool but admittedly I prefer to start having larger guards. Ever since IU/Cuse I don't want to ever have a backcourt of 6'0 and under guys.

10 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

Just gut feeling but this seems more like plan B? I’m thinking plan A as it stands is wait till spring for Sanon or someone else who becomes available?

Based on the Tipton tweet I think this one will move pretty quick so that’s unlikely. Also Sanon is a wing and not a PG

Edited by DC2345
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Very small guard. Not sure I believe he is 6’1. Not saying he is not good but a considerable drop off from Fland.

He’s a smaller guard but in the video I watched from Peach Jam he was smaller than Harper but he did have good strength. Last time I checked IU did pretty well with a shorter well put together PG a few years ago. Pack at Kansas State for the same mold. If a guy can play he can play. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Idc the height as much at PG if he’s a match up nightmare himself. We have bigs to back him at the rim just stay in front of your man.

I grew up in the Earl Boykins era…sorry but I’d take an Earl on this team RIGHT NOW even at 5’5”

Yep I don’t care about height as much. Some of the top PG’s in college basketball this year will be 6’1 or shorter.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Reacher said:

There has 2 be a connection. Would Davis come without Queen? 

There’s a whole list of connections here. Ya has a connection to OTE where Davis is playing. Kenya has a connection to Team Takeover which is who Davis played AAU with. X also played for Team Takeover. Then he is obviously from Baltimore and a former HS teammate of Queen’s. I could see him coming to IU regardless of what Queen decides. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1