2024 PG Daquan Davis Commits to Florida State

Hoosierfan1901

16 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

This true, @BruceDouglas? No complaints? 

Not from me really. Other Illini fans? Of course. At the time it seemed like a big deal but looking back it really wasn't. It did put Weber in a tough spot and he showed he really wasn't up to the task.

What the hell is this thread anyway? Oh, recruiting...yeah good idea for IU to get some guards instead of more big guys. 🤣

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I never said teams won't do this but for me I don't care for the practice. Like I have said our football team has been in the other side losing recruits on signing day.

Put it this way if you meet a women at work and you really have an attraction to her but you find out she is engaged.  Do you still pursue her because she doesn't have the wedding ring in her figure yet.  To me going after engaged women isn't the best thing to do especially for your health.

Basketball competition being compared to infidelity???

On 10/30/2023 at 1:17 PM, BADGERVOL said:

If you’re not recruiting ANYONE you have a chance with you’re not doing your job.

Verbal commitments are HS “going steady.” Means very little. If it meant something fine, but it doesn’t mean much.

I believe it was Lefty Driesell who said he liked it when a potential recruit committed to another school, because then who knew who the competition was

• Like 2

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

I never said teams won't do this but for me I don't care for the practice. Like I have said our football team has been in the other side losing recruits on signing day.

Put it this way if you meet a women at work and you really have an attraction to her but you find out she is engaged.  Do you still pursue her because she doesn't have the wedding ring in her figure yet.  To me going after engaged women isn't the best thing to do especially for your health.

If you accept a job with one company and then another company comes and offers you more money and a better chance for growth and advancement, shouldn't you have the right to accept the better job?

Edited by Common Sense
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, BruceDouglas said:

Not from me really. Other Illini fans? Of course. At the time it seemed like a big deal but looking back it really wasn't. It did put Weber in a tough spot and he showed he really wasn't up to the task.

What the hell is this thread anyway? Oh, recruiting...yeah good idea for IU to get some guards instead of more big guys. 🤣

Bruce wouldn’t cheat like Self 

You guys destroyed your program over phone cells which are nothing compared to what LSU, Arizona, UK, KU & Duke did 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Bruce wouldn’t cheat like Self 

You guys destroyed your program over phone cells which are nothing compared to what LSU, Arizona, UK, KU & Duke did 

Yes it amazes me how IU got punished the way they did but the NCAA let others pass. I wish there was a committee that would review NCAA and look into everything they let go that they shouldn’t have. I mean a Kansas assistant was recorded offering to buy Zion’s family all sorts of stuff including a house and a job. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Yes it amazes me how IU got punished the way they did but the NCAA let others pass. I wish there was a committee that would review NCAA and look into everything they let go that they shouldn’t have. I mean a Kansas assistant was recorded offering to buy Zion’s family all sorts of stuff including a house and a job. 

IU self imposed. The ncaa took our recommendation. Basically IU sucked at being good and bad. Then to make those texts and calls legal the very next year took the freaking cake. FU NCAA. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Adam Howard, Liam and Derik all liked Daquan Davis instagram post de-commiting from Providence when it was announced.  Maybe because both Liam and Derik know him personally(I know Derik does but unsure if Liam does).  Adam liking it is certainly a telling sign to me that IU very much could be the favorite here

Edited by dwtaylor1055
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FKIM01 said:

Nice find...looks like IU is a likely destination at this point.

So IU hasn’t made a committable offer yet. Woodson wants to see him play in person before that happens. Possible that could happen next week or this could drag out to the spring. IU has said they want him but theirs still steps to take. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

So IU hasn’t made a committable offer yet. Woodson wants to see him play in person before that happens. Possible that could happen next week or this could drag out to the spring. IU has said they want him but theirs still steps to take. 

Interesting.  Appreciate the insight.  Would be nice if "offers" were better defined, but that's just the whining of a casual fan.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

could be why we cant recruit guards...look at film, trust your assistants. 

41 minutes ago, Indykev said:

could be why we cant recruit guards...look at film, trust your assistants. 

Strong disagree, especially considering he’s a lower ranked guy who we just got involved with. With the portal, there’s no reason to throw around offers if it’s not a guy that the staff really likes. I’m fine with them taking a little time in this instance to make sure he fits what they’re looking for.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DC2345 said:

Totally logical and more meaningful if Woody offers based on his own judgement.  Brian Evans tells a great story on his recruitment.  Ron Felling nagged the heck out of Knight till he would go see him in Terre Haute.  Only then did he get the offer.  

Happy to see Woody put the time in.  The buck stops with him.  Imagine if we offered an undersized guard sight unseen by the head coach and he stunk.  The coach would get blistered.  It’s his responsibility.  Should be the way it is.  

• Like 2