2024 PG Daquan Davis Commits to Florida State

Hoosierfan1901

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

SMH, just my beliefs. It doesn't give Providence enough time to go out and try to get another PG.

So let me ask you this. If rolls were reversed do you think Providence would say nope we won’t take that kid. The fact is every team would do it if they felt it made their team better because it’s within the allowable rules!

• Like 1

I get what some of you are saying but the truth is times have changed. For most kids even “committing,” doesn’t mean they’re committed. It means “as of right now this is what I feel like unless what I feel like changes.”

It’s literally meaningless. It’s no different than a kid narrowing his list to four schools and announcing that and then bringing another school in after saying so.

If commitments still meant something yes I’d agree. But it doesn’t. Debate whether that’s good or bad…I say it’s bad, but it’s reality. So to sit back with an old school mindset and get railroaded by others doesn’t cut it.

Like it or not “commitment,” doesn’t mean “commitment,” anymore. 🤷🏻‍♂️

dating around is shopping for a school. “Going steady,” is a commitment, getting married is signing and getting a divorce is transferring. Best analogy I can think of. For better or worse.

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

So let me ask you this. If rolls were reversed do you think Providence would say nope we won’t take that kid. The fact is every team would do it if they felt it made their team better because it’s within the allowable rules!

I never said teams won't do this but for me I don't care for the practice. Like I have said our football team has been in the other side losing recruits on signing day.

Put it this way if you meet a women at work and you really have an attraction to her but you find out she is engaged.  Do you still pursue her because she doesn't have the wedding ring in her figure yet.  To me going after engaged women isn't the best thing to do especially for your health.

Edited by IU Scott
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I never said teams won't do this but for me I don't care for the practice. Like I have said our football team has been in the other side losing recruits on signing day.

Put it this way if you meet a women at work and you really have an attraction to her but you find out she is engaged.  Do you still pursue her because she doesn't have the wedding ring in her figure yet.  To me going after engaged women isn't the best thing to do especially for your health.

Can she cook?

• Haha 7

8 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Government Cheese would have. I remember a long post he made about his plans to woo his neighbor’s wife. Those were the days on HSN. 

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well I get it but they wouldn’t accept if they were really committed. 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Dated a girl who’s divorce wasn’t finalized yet, does that count?

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

😂😂😂😂

I think using the word committed is where the rub lies.    

Committed should mean you have made your choice and are done looking.

However, committed often means this is my leader and I want to save my spot for now.

At least basketball and football both have early signing periods so you know who is really committed (signed) and who is just holding their spot.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

However, committed often means this is my leader and I want to save my spot for now.

At least basketball and football both have early signing periods so you know who is really committed (signed) and who is just holding their spot.

Yes.  I heard a coach say awhile back (it may have been Tom Allen) that kids don’t really commit anymore, they make reservations that they may call back and cancel later.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

It all depends on the kid. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 9:12 AM, jay edwards brother said:

I have watched several highlight videos, listened to an interview, and read the point-guard-eyes evaluation. I hope this young man becomes a Hoosier.

My question is why did he decommit from Providence??

Maybe a better looking girl showed interest....

• Like 2