2024 PG Daquan Davis Commits to Florida State

Hoosierfan1901

30 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The problem with living in the portal is it's to volatile especially if Woodson doesn't expand his way of recruiting. 

I also believe a problem with the portal is that a lot of the top portal guys want to go somewhere they can win.  I think you make it very difficult on yourself to rely on the portal if you are coming off an average to below average season.  

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I also believe a problem with the portal is that a lot of the top portal guys want to go somewhere they can win.  I think you make it very difficult on yourself to rely on the portal if you are coming off an average to below average season.  

we got Ware, and MM albeit not really portal, but nonetheless. 

It would be a poor strategy to rely solely on either. a mix is the best route. with that being said portal players are typically a more known commodity rather than expecting a 5 star recruit to come in and be the savior. See MM vs Knecht or Hunter Dicky.

And i think we tend generalize things and put them into buckets. Kids select schools for a multitude of reasons. Good programs is a part of the equation along with, playing style, roles, NIL, which team puts them in the best position to get to the league, which I would believe is the most important one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

More than that many of the top portal guys are looking for serious $$$$$$$ because they aren't likely headed to the NBA so they want to cash in while in college.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Would love to know what his shooting statistics are. We desperately need knock down perimeter shooters. How can every other team find shooters and we still can’t. 

Somewhere between just good enough to keep defenses honest and best ever evaluated. I've seen his shooting described as both.

24 minutes ago, go_iu_bb said:

Somewhere between just good enough to keep defenses honest and best ever evaluated. I've seen his shooting described as both.

First makes me feel “meh”…second is more what I’m looking for. I’m tired of watching a team get out shot 12-30 from 3pt line vs 3-9 for us. Trying to grind out wins when we get outscored by almost 25-30 pts from 3 is not a long term winning formula.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FKIM01 said:

Is this kid a better bet than a Conner Essegian in the portal?  I know Essegian isn't there yet, but just thinking ahead...what does IU really need most?

Shooting and ability to pressure defenses off the dribble.  I think Essegian does one and not the other.  Also, seems like he has fallen off at Wisconsin this year.

8 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Shooting and ability to pressure defenses off the dribble.  I think Essegian does one and not the other.  Also, seems like he has fallen off at Wisconsin this year.

I get that there are more athletic players out there...I'm just thinking about the open scholarship this year.  I'd absolutely offer an Indiana shooter before leaving a scholarship unused.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...