2024 PG Daquan Davis Commits to Florida State

Hoosierfan1901

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

There’s a whole list of connections here. Ya has a connection to OTE where Davis is playing. Kenya has a connection to Team Takeover which is who Davis played AAU with. X also played for Team Takeover. Then he is obviously from Baltimore and a former HS teammate of Queen’s. I could see him coming to IU regardless of what Queen decides. 

A package deal would be nice 😁

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DC2345 said:

He’s a smaller guard but in the video I watched from Peach Jam he was smaller than Harper but he did have good strength. Last time I checked IU did pretty well with a shorter well put together PG a few years ago. Pack at Kansas State for the same mold. If a guy can play he can play. 

Is he more of a shooting PG or assist style PG?

Hey guys. It's my first post here. I was actually talking to a Syracuse insider on Twitter and he told me that IU offered to double this kids NIL from what Providence offered.  I have no idea how credible that is, I just thought it was interesting.

Edited by Fkfootball
Correct error
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, jay edwards brother said:

I have watched several highlight videos, listened to an interview, and read the point-guard-eyes evaluation. I hope this young man becomes a Hoosier.

My question is why did he decommit from Providence??

Maybe this explains it somewhat...

"Providence is in position to return a host of underclass guards for the 2024-25 season. Jayden Pierre and Garwey Dual both would retain multiple years of eligibility at the point. Devin Carter, Corey Floyd Jr. and Justyn Fernandez would all be options at the second and third guard spots. English said Fernandez is expected to redshirt this season while recovering from a knee injury."

27 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Hey guys. It's my first post here. I was actually talking to a Syracuse insider on Twitter and he told me that IU offered to double this kids NIL from what Providence offered.  I have no idea how credible that is, I just thought it was interesting.

Welcome to the board! I'm sure NIL is a factor, along with coach relationships, opportunity for more minutes (as @IUFLA pointed out ^^^) and likely more (Derick Queen?). Put all that together and we should be getting the commit soon!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jay edwards brother said:

I have watched several highlight videos, listened to an interview, and read the point-guard-eyes evaluation. I hope this young man becomes a Hoosier.

My question is why did he decommit from Providence??

I think the real answer to that has yet to be answered but it's likely one of a handful of scenarios.

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m sure it happens regularly and no coach is immune to it, but I really hope we aren’t going after committed kids regularly (unless those kids are UK or Purdue commits 😂). 

Don’t forget Illini kids!😆

In all seriousness though, this reads to me more like Daquan saw an opportunity and decided to shake the trees!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’m sure it happens regularly and no coach is immune to it, but I really hope we aren’t going after committed kids regularly (unless those kids are UK or Purdue commits 😂). 

But why?

I hope we recruit anyone we want until they sign on the dotted line. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But why?

I hope we recruit anyone we want until they sign on the dotted line. 

Because commitments should be honored, unless the terms change. And I don’t like the idea of adults trying to persuade kids to break commitments. 🤷🏻‍♂️ With that said, my guess is that Woody reached out because there was indicated interest from Davis. 

Just now, IU Scott said:

If true I am not a fan of poaching kids after they have committed elsewhere. Also I don't think this is how NIL was intended to be used either. You are not supposed to be able to offer kids a certain amount but show them what they might be able to get.

Why? This is Providences fault. We just might reap the rewards.