Florida Gulf Coast Post Game Thread

KDB

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

My response is:

- FGCU is not a 'bad' mid-major.

- If we are going to label Cupps a mid-major talent who played well based on our opponent, what does that say about the 6 or 7 guys who played, but not as well.  Are they mid-major talents as well.... or worse?

- In regards to the 'white' comment.  As with any fan base for any sport at any level anywhere in the world, there will be certain fans that will pick a favorite based on some sort of prejudice. 

And, it's not just race.  Some fans will lean towards a local kid, a great shooter, who their dad was, the guy that gets under the opponent's skin, home run hitters in baseball, pretty boy QBs in football, etc.  

Those types of prejudices happen with every fan base.  Dakich is a tool for trying to make something out of it.  This fan base has given a lot of love over the years to guards like Yogi Ferrell, AJ Guyton, I. Thomas, Q. Buckner, K. Smart, etc.  

Exactly…stirring the pot. We loved Trayce for 4 years. We loved JHS last year…race has nothing to do with it. Just like Galloway the kid played with a ton of energy, played with passion, intelligence, and just made all the right plays. Is it crazy the fan base identified with the kid because he honestly looked and played like a throw back to someone that would play for Coach Knight when we just lost him? That’s why they loved him last night. He gave us something we haven’t had for several years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

My response is:

- FGCU is not a 'bad' mid-major.

- If we are going to label Cupps a mid-major talent who played well based on our opponent, what does that say about the 6 or 7 guys who played, but not as well.  Are they mid-major talents as well.... or worse?

- In regards to the 'white' comment.  As with any fan base for any sport at any level anywhere in the world, there will be certain fans that will pick a favorite based on some sort of prejudice. 

And, it's not just race.  Some fans will lean towards a local kid, a great shooter, who their dad was, the guy that gets under the opponent's skin, home run hitters in baseball, pretty boy QBs in football, etc.  

Those types of prejudices happen with every fan base.  Dakich is a tool for trying to make something out of it.  This fan base has given a lot of love over the years to guards like Yogi Ferrell, AJ Guyton, I. Thomas, Q. Buckner, K. Smart, etc.  

To your point, Tijan Jobe was a pretty popular fan favorite.

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

I don't see any Hulls in him, respectfully. 

Kraft, though, that's a great one. 

Little white pg thats a good shooter is where i got hulls from. No in depth game breakdown was done. 

More of a PIA on defense than hulls but not quite as good of a shooter.

Mr. Tyra Buss came to mind too. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Little white pg thats a good shooter is where i got hulls from. No in depth game breakdown was done. 

More of a PIA on defense than hulls but not quite as good of a shooter.

Mr. Tyra Buss came to mind too. 

Certainly love what he brings to the table. Fearless is a word to describe him! 

3 minutes ago, btownqb said:

KW's career high for rebounds, career high for assists, tied his career high for blocks, and tied his career high for mins played in a game. 

In 552 mins played last season KW had 18 assists. He had 4 last night. 

He  had as many assists as Johnson, Cupps, and Galloway combined.

1 hour ago, Artesian_86 said:

I won't even waste my time clicking on it. He continues to slowly distance himself further and further from all IU fans. He's definitely not worth the read.....

He is a sh** stirrer.  A year ago he would have been telling you that we need to atop recruiting selfish guys like JHS and instead get team first dudes like Cupps.  Now we have Cupps and it is a "Indiana fans only falling all over him because he is white but he is just a midmajor guy..."  and that stirs people up.  He then gets to monetize that chaos.

I think 60% of what Dan says is just blather intended to push engagement.  He doesn't care if the engagement is positive or negative.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

He is a sh** stirrer.  A year ago he would have been telling you that we need to atop recruiting selfish guys like JHS and instead get team first dudes like Cupps.  Now we have Cupps and it is a "Indiana fans only falling all over him because he is white but he is just a midmajor guy..."  and that stirs people up.  He then gets to monetize that chaos.

I think 60% of what Dan says is just blather intended to push engagement.  He doesn't care if the engagement is positive or negative.

But it's rude, it calls out 18/19/20 year old kids... and he does it against his alma mater. I have zero respect for him. There is no loyalty from him. None. 

What other alumnus, of ANY school, shits on their school as DD does with IU? AND IU FANS EFFING LISTEN TO HIM!!!!! 

He's Benedict Arnold as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, btownqb said:

But it's rude, it calls out 18/19/20 year old kids... and he does it against his alma mater. I have zero respect for him. There is no loyalty from him. None. 

What other alumnus, of ANY school, shits on their school as DD does with IU? AND IU FANS EFFING LISTEN TO HIM!!!!! 

I'm surprised how much he has bashed Woodson. Dakich always wanted an IU guy, and while I don't think Woodson was who he wanted, I'm still surprised that Dakich goes after him so hard. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I didn't say I agree with him.  Just saying I don't find him to be sincere.

3 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

https://x.com/dandakich/status/1722238232061219158?s=42&t=5hNcvpLUAnbMpXSHKuY6HA

You guys see this garbage? I’ve normally held back on Dakich bc I think a lot of what he says is accurate, just put poorly. But this one does it for me. 

Super annoying to bring race into it.  What’s him being white got to do with it?   Ridiculous.  

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I agree with all this but at the same time he's just a provocateur/troll. It's how he makes his living just like a lot of windbags these days. It's only about getting attention and sh*t stirring. I really don't get why any IU fan would give him the time of day the way he's ironically trashed IU. Without IU he wouldn't have a coaching or "media" career. Imagine if every IU fan ignored him? He'd have zero audience. 

Edited by OGIUAndy
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I agree with all this but at the same time he's just a provocateur/troll. It's how he makes his living just like a lot of windbags these days. It's only about getting attention and sh*t stirring. I really don't get why any IU fan would give him the time of day the way he's ironically trashed IU. Without IU he wouldn't have a coaching or "media" career. Imagine if every IU fan ignored him? He'd have zero audience. 

And you're correct. I just think if he'd dump the a-hole stuff, be reasonable, and talk ball more often... people would like it/he'd be just as popular. idk 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

And you're correct. I just think if he'd dump the a-hole stuff, be reasonable, and talk ball more often... people would like it/he'd be just as popular. idk 

His race thing is so insulting to fans and players alike.  What about the race of guys like AJ Moye or Calbert Cheaney or Jimmy Thomas or Quinn Buckner or Yogi Ferrell, all of whom are cut from the same cloth in terms of toughness and savvy.   Dan thinks he is smarter than fans and he’s just not.   A lot of fans can run circles around him but he lacks the self awareness to recognize that.  It’s just a stupid comment.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Said this before and will say it again, I just really wish a pack of prominent alumni from the 70's, 80's and 90's would band together and tell Dakich to stuff it. 

Who knows,.....they may already have. I really don't remember seeing him at IU with all the former players when Knight came back to assembly Hall. Maybe that's why he's so negative all the time.

• Like 1