Florida Gulf Coast Post Game Thread

KDB

13 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

All offseason it's stressed that this team will take time to gel, and the product in February should be much better than the product in December. Then we play the first game in early November and everyone wants to see a top 25 performance right out of the gate. 😄

Nobody seems to listen to coach, it all has to be on their terms!🤪

31 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

All offseason it's stressed that this team will take time to gel, and the product in February should be much better than the product in December. Then we play the first game in early November and everyone wants to see a top 25 performance right out of the gate. 😄

Most teams take time to gel, so our opponents will get better as well.  Honestly, the game was about what I expected.  Ware slightly exceeded my expectations, MM fell slightly short.

Bottom line is, regardless of how well it gels as a unit, this team is deficient in 3 point shooting, which is critical to success in today's game.  Getting to February is not going to fix that.

My expectations are that this is the 5th-10th best team in the Big Ten.  I base that primarily on what I see and know about IU, because other than the Toiletmakers, I know little about the other teams in conference.  If the conference is down, we're at the high end of that range.  If it's good, we're possibly looking at a 2nd division finish.

All that said, I'm good with whatever the finish is as long as the team plays hard.  As a fan, I'm not one who demands the highest level of success.  I just want to be proud of the team and the effort they put forth.

• Like 1