Auburn Game Thread

KDB

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If you watched Kansas sneak by Eastern Illinois last week, you wouldn't make this comment.  You think IU is the only team that has a bad half of basketball?

I think that was the worst 15 minute stretch of basketball I’ve seen from a power 5 team in years. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Today has shown the difference between the kind of athletes between the SEC and the big ten. UI gave up 86 to UT and we gave up 52 in a half to Auburn. Purdue gave up 49 at the half to Alabama. 

I know this has been mentioned before but the kind of athletes that play in the SEC don't want to play in Big Ten because if of the way the Big Ten is officiated.

Just now, SawatchHoosier said:

I know this has been mentioned before but the kind of athletes that play in the SEC don't want to play in Big Ten because if of the way the Big Ten is officiated.

Purdue has made a run to go up 7 in the second half mainly do to all of Alabama big guys having 4 fouls.  Alabama has been called for 23 fps to Purdue 8

Just now, KoB2011 said:

I think that was the worst 15 minute stretch of basketball I’ve seen from a power 5 team in years. 

You think us being down 18 at half against Auburn is worse than Kansas being tied with Eastern Illinois with 4 minutes left in the game?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

You think that’s why this collapse happened?  Seriously?  We were outplayed in every phase of the game.

What in the hell are you talking about? Where did I say that's why the collapse happened?

It's hard to make up a 15 point deficit without 3 point shots, like my post was implying. Where in the hell did I imply we played better than Auburn?

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

You think us being down 18 at half against Auburn is worse than Kansas being tied with Eastern Illinois with 4 minutes left in the game?

I said 15 minute stretch, and yes, I think getting outscored by 30 in fifteen minutes is worse than being tied.