Auburn Game Thread

KDB

5 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

Woodson’s close ties to RMK and Dolson being a fanboy rather than a true AD, will get Woodson more time than he deserves.  This team is absolutely no different than those under Crean or Archie.  They are soft, can’t shoot, fold under pressure, blah, blah, blah.  This is IU Basketball until someone decides to get serious and go get a guy like Pearl.

Ive wanted Pearl at IU since we got rid of Crean. 

Edited by 3Ballin
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Most fans aren't fairweather fans

Thanks for your input Scott….this has literally zero to do with being a fairweather fan. A lot of people simply don’t want to or can’t afford to spends hundreds if not thousands of dollars to witness games like this. It may be more economical to watch on tv.

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Ive Pearl at IU since we got rid of Crean. 

I am not saying Pearl is the guy but IU needs someone like him.  Someone with a proven track record of winning and NCAA tournament success.  Woodson ain’t the answer.   

Edited by CTrojan88

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Thanks for your input Scott….this has literally zero to do with being a fairweather fan. A lot of people simply don’t want to or can’t afford to spends hundreds if not thousands of dollars to witness games like this. It may be more economical to watch on tv.

If they want to spend their money then let them hem. Maybe they enjoy the whole experience and not just the two hours on the floor 

• Haha 1

Just now, CTrojan88 said:

I am not saying Pearl is the guy but IU need someone like him.  Someone with a proven track record of winning and NCAA tournament success.  Woodson ain’t the answer.   

Have you noticed most of the top openings haven't went to other top coaches. Those coaches stay where they are at. Why would a guy like Pearl come here especially to play for this first fickle fan base. 

I think the most frustrating part about today has been watching us get punched in the mouth repeatedly, and not countering. I’m not saying that Woody is a bad coach, but he’s only used one timeout. When we went on a 7-0 run to start the 2nd half, Pearl immediately called a timeout. They’ve went on multiple double digit runs and we’ve just waited for the tv timeout to try and make adjustments. Hopefully we learn from this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Maybe Auburn had something to do with it. It is funny our fans blame us when someone scores a lot but if we hold a team down then then.the other team didn't play well.

I’m not an overly pessimistic poster, unlike some people in this thread calling for Woodson to be fired, which is absurd. We gave up 52 points in the first half, and Auburn might get another 40-50 points in the second half. I don’t care who you’re playing, that’s horrible defense. And yes, obviously Auburn has something to do with it. But they haven’t scored 90 this year, even against some of the cupcakes they’ve played

1 minute ago, Hoosier987 said:

Possible…especially for a fairweather fan. A diehard is leaving disappointed realizing how far IU still has to go.

Those people are die yards and people who stay to the end are. The fairweather fans are the ones bitching constantly and turning the game off