Kansas post game

Inequality

15 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, at one point it looked like Leal got up from the bench and I thought maybe he was going in. 

I personally would have gone with Gunn there, just because of his athleticism. 

I just thought we needed a more perimeter oriented defender in that spot once you could tell Banks was struggling with the pin down screens. 

Agee 100%

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yeah, at one point it looked like Leal got up from the bench and I thought maybe he was going in. 

I personally would have gone with Gunn there, just because of his athleticism. 

I just thought we needed a more perimeter oriented defender in that spot once you could tell Banks was struggling with the pin down screens. 

Your 100 percent spot on

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Muddy River said:

So over 8 minutes left to go and McCullar picks up a 4th foul.  Self leaves him in the rest of the way.  Was it an incredible stroke of luck that he didn’t foul out, or did Bill know something the rest of us didn’t?  It’s like he dared the refs to call the 5th foul, knowing that they wouldn’t.

I haven't gone back to watch, but I thought Self switched McCullar off of Galloway. Whomever had McCullar after that didn't do enough to draw that last foul. My guess is that it would not have made a difference. The refs weren't going to call another foul on Kansas like that.

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Everybody else has beaten a dead horse about this team. All I am saying the fans needs to look in the mirror sometimes. Since RMK we have had 6 HC, 5 AD's, 4 presidents & a partridge in a pear tree!  yet people still think firing these people will make the difference.

Edited by Purdue7

1 hour ago, MSHoosier said:

I haven't gone back to watch, but I thought Self switched McCullar off of Galloway. Whomever had McCullar after that didn't do enough to draw that last foul. My guess is that it would not have made a difference. The refs weren't going to call another foul on Kansas like that.

You're right...After his 3rd foul, Self put Jackson on Trey and McCullar on Mgbako...

20 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

No... Out of bounds off Kel'el to Kansas

I'm not trying to be that guy but I feel like Indiana never gets the home court treatment by the refs. Maybe I'm one of those biased fans but for me it has been a long, long, long time since a recalled Indiana getting a bunch of favorable calls at home. If I'm wrong I'll happily eat crow.

• Like 1

Reading all the complaints about officiating got me curious so I went and checked out the Kansas board. Unsurprisingly they see things totally differently. It took 3 pages of their game thread to find all these gems.

indiana getting all the calls

That’s a terrible foul call.

I don’t understand how these aren’t offensive fouls? Shoving the forearm and extending the elbow

#1 for Indiana hasn’t set a legitimate pick all day. Every time he is setting a pick he leans his shoulder out or steps out with his elbow fully extended. He never comes to a full stop with his feet

That IU dude took a solid four steps.

Terrible officiating

just basic officiating is too big of a task for these doofuses

Kj was fouled again...refs suck ****

No matter who you are a fan of you always see things as going against your team. Truth be told there are mistakes made both ways and they mostly even out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

Reading all the complaints about officiating got me curious so I went and checked out the Kansas board. Unsurprisingly they see things totally differently. It took 3 pages of their game thread to find all these gems.

I don’t understand how these aren’t offensive fouls? Shoving the forearm and extending the elbow

#1 for Indiana hasn’t set a legitimate pick all day. Every time he is setting a pick he leans his shoulder out or steps out with his elbow fully extended. He never comes to a full stop with his feet

Terrible officiating

No matter who you are a fan of you always see things as going against your team. Truth be told there are mistakes made both ways and they mostly even out. 

I thought there were calls missed both ways…everyone complaining about the end when they said the ball wasn’t out of bounds when Ware saved it..how about freaking box out and just grab the rebound instead of letting Hunter push you basically under the rim..refs didn’t cost us the game but is an easy scape goat

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, 5 championships said:

I thought there were calls missed both ways…everyone complaining about the end when they said the ball wasn’t out of bounds when Ware saved it..how about freaking box out and just grab the rebound instead of letting Hunter push you basically under the rim..refs didn’t cost us the game but is an easy scape goat

There were missed calls both ways. And always will be. But the belief that the refs are against or favoring one team or the other is just total nonsense. And you are right, to continually harp about "the officials are screwing us" is just making a poor excuse.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

There were missed calls both ways. And always will be. But the belief that the refs are against or favoring one team or the other is just total nonsense. And you are right, to continually harp about "the officials are screwing us" is just making a poor excuse.

I don’t think the refs actually favor one team. Like, I don't think they're trying to make calls in a way that purposely favors a team. 

With that said, refs absolutely can have bad calls that largely go in one teams direction and impacts the outcome. 

20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I don’t think the refs actually favor one team. Like, I don't think they're trying to make calls in a way that purposely favors a team. 

With that said, refs absolutely can have bad calls that largely go in one teams direction and impacts the outcome. 

Sure, it can happen but truthfully it's a rarity. When it's the same people complaining about the same thing virtually every game is when it's just making excuses.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I actually don't think it's that rare. 

I do. It's very rare that I watch a game and feel that one team or another is really getting the benefit of the calls. Which is the only way I consider it impacting the outcome. One blown call typically does not impact the outcome. Even if it costs a possession that can be overcame, ie one less turnover.

Edited by Basketball Junkie
  • Like 1

Just now, Basketball Junkie said:

I do. It's very rare that I watch a game and feel that one team or another is really getting the benefit of the calls. Which is the only way I consider it considering the outcome. One blown call typically does not impact the outcome. Even if it costs a possession that can be overcame, ie one less turnover.

Agree to disagree. It's typically not one call, it's the general way a game is getting called differently on each end. One team getting to play with a different level of physicality, etc.

But again, we're not going to agree on this so no need to takeover the thread on this one probably. 

5 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Agree to disagree. It's typically not one call, it's the general way a game is getting called differently on each end. One team getting to play with a different level of physicality, etc.

But again, we're not going to agree on this so no need to takeover the thread on this one probably. 

Fair enough.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Basketball Junkie said:

Terrible officiating

agreed.  that's why i don't like complaining about them often.  i mean sometimes it's fine, but when you complain every game, i feel like it kind of desensitizes it.  and it's never a good look to fans of any other team.  they just see you as whining.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5 championships said:

Dickinson has about 40 pounds on Ware. If he’s allowed to push Ware under the basket, there isn’t much he can do. Wait until you see Edey, who has about 80 pounds on Ware and can do whatever he wants inside