Kansas post game

Inequality

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

My three keys before the game:

Rebound well: we had overall edge and basically even on OR, but missed a couple key opportunities late. 

Limit TOs: too many TOs

Avoid foul trouble: Foul trouble for Mgbako and Reneau really hurt in second half. 

Played with a lot of energy and effort. Gallo was great. Just not enough winning plays against a good team. 

Mgbako going out with his fourth was a killer and Woodson took too long to get him back in.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Drinking wine looking somber after a game without the players in a private moment.  Hardly looks like they are having a party.  What would change if they were playing an Irish Durge and sitting in the dark on a hunger strike?  Would that cause them to beat whatever directional school is next?

Can't see whose shoes have the wine glass by them, but I'm pretty sure no one else in that pic gets carded at the liquor store 🙂

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Yes, Scott. Exactly.
My point was, bad look posting on social.

I think laughing and acting like you don’t care after a loss is a bad look.  I just do not see that in the photo.  I called it somber.  Woody doesn’t seem happy and we all know he is tough and gets down to business when it matters.  Ask the players.   

Coach Knight famously didn’t drink.  Honestly, good for him.  Shows discipline and for whatever reason in his background he made that choice.  But there’s more than one way to function and to put it politely I just don’t see any reasonable or legitimate issue unless you’re driving an agenda as with the incoherent parody of himself DD.   I could say what I really think of him but it’s not appropriate.  Doesn’t stop him but I will leave it there.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

We were on the back side of the ball up about 25 rows and we were yelling in....apparently the concept of spheres doesn't make it's way to the relay booth. Down 2 is different than down 4. Such a shame.

I'm not sure what the replay could have accomplished. Yes, they could have ruled the ball not out of bounds which I think would have been correct. But then what? The whistle blew stopping play so there was no continuation to be allowed. I suppose they could have used the possession arrow but I have no clue who that would have given the ball to.

7 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

I'm not sure what the replay could have accomplished. Yes, they could have ruled the ball not out of bounds which I think would have been correct. But then what? The whistle blew stopping play so there was no continuation to be allowed. I suppose they could have used the possession arrow but I have no clue who that would have given the ball to.

Pretty sure IU as Kansas got a possession arrow a few minutes earlier.  I could be wrong but that’s how I was thinking in real time.  I think that’s what should have happened as it was clear error.   The refs’ mentality was benefit of the doubt to the road team, call by call, late.  Everyone knew it, sensed it and felt it.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno

16 minutes ago, Basketball Junkie said:

We had the arrow. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I don't think Woodson ever plays Ware, Reneau and Walker together, does he?  Walker is usually giving either Reneau or Ware a break.  

I believe you're correct, but I think it's fair to ask what makes Banks a 3 and not Walker?

I mean, neither really is a 3 at this point, so if you're going to play one there play the better one. 

7 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

I swear some of you will make anything into an issue just so you have something to bitch about.

Not sure who that’s directed to. I’m certainly not bitching about it. I’m defending Woody here and saying someone’s not doing him any favors with this. Apparently someone agreed and took it down. 

7 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Not sure who that’s directed to. I’m certainly not bitching about it. I’m defending Woody here and saying someone’s not doing him any favors with this. Apparently someone agreed and took it down. 

It wasn’t you.  I took it down myself.

Edited by thirdgenhoosier
  • Thanks 1

it was so much fun in the Hall yesterday!  i promise you i yelled at Dickinson and Self about as mush as possible.  high level game in a great atmosphere.  if you would have told me we'd lose by 4 going into the game, i would have said i'd take it.  after having a 13 point lead in the second half, and losing it, it's tough.  i had quite a bit to drink, but thinking back it just seems like we gradually let them back in right?  not a major meltdown.  Mbako's 4th was a pivotal moment for sure.  i just can't see Banks or Walker as a 3 offensively.  loved the shortened bench and heavy minutes by the starters.  we better not blow any games to bad teams though.  i mean i know we will on the road in conference, but we gotta pull a couple off and defend our homecourt from here.  have a hard time understanding why we can't finish between 2nd - 5th in the conference.    

• Like 8

I’m predicting top 3

1 hour ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it was so much fun in the Hall yesterday!  i promise you i yelled at Dickinson and Self about as mush as possible.  high level game in a great atmosphere.  if you would have told me we'd lose by 4 going into the game, i would have said i'd take it.  after having a 13 point lead in the second half, and losing it, it's tough.  i had quite a bit to drink, but thinking back it just seems like we gradually let them back in right?  not a major meltdown.  Mbako's 4th was a pivotal moment for sure.  i just can't see Banks or Walker as a 3 offensively.  loved the shortened bench and heavy minutes by the starters.  we better not blow any games to bad teams though.  i mean i know we will on the road in conference, but we gotta pull a couple off and defend our homecourt from here.  have a hard time understanding why we can't finish between 2nd - 5th in the conference.    

I’m predicting Top 3 - mark it down.

• Like 2