Kansas post game

Inequality

1 minute ago, Parakeet Jones said:

At one point late in the game Kansas was out scoring us in the paint. Did it finish that way?  That hasn’t happened this year (maybe UConn, I can’t remember).  Showing some pulse from outside gave us a chance today. 

Nope. Ended up tied at 36. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I maintain the foul that wasn't called on Wares drive to the basket where he was slapped on the arm causing the ball to go out of bounds that cost us 2 points and sapped all our momentum was the play of the game. A couple careless turnovers and missed front end of one and ones didn't help either. 

That was THE most obvious foul!

Our defense was really good for about 34 minutes but KU made about every shot the last 6 minutes.

I also felt there were times in the game when we were up 10 or so and had plenty of chances to expand the leads. I think there was 3 different times we should had an easy break away but couldn't convert. MM dribble off if gos foot that went OOB, Galloway traveled at mud court and Ware got the ball knocked away at off of his hand.

I was really happy how we played today and especially how we competed for 40 minutes. In the end KU experience players took over the game and won it at the end.  I still don't think KU has enough to really compete for a championship because they pretty much only have 4 players who does anything. They have not bench guys who they trust 

• Like 3

Leaving Assembly now. Officiating cost us the game. That’s just the reality of the situation. Play like that at home and bring the same energy we did tonight and we shouldn’t lose any here in the conference.

Galloway was absolutely phenomenal. I would’ve loved to have seen what happens if he hits that three to put us up 1 at the end. The roof would have came off the place. Wish we would’ve ran more stuff to get Mgbako shots - I would have brought him in a lot sooner at the end even though he had 4 fouls. Heartbreaking loss for sure but I am optimistic for the rest of the year.

• Like 9

The officials fault.  Moral victory regardless.  Can add it to the countless moral victories and do-good moments of the last decade or two.  A new slogan perhaps, “Moral victories live in Indiana”.  Fits in with “They sure do play hard” and “We do things the right way”.

Edited by ThePaulieWalnuts

1 minute ago, KDB said:

Leaving Assembly now. Officiating cost us the game. That’s just the reality of the situation. Play like that at home and bring the same energy we did tonight and we shouldn’t lose any here in the conference.

Galloway was absolutely phenomenal. I would’ve loved to have seen what happens if he hits that three to put us up 1 at the end. The roof would have came off the place. Wish we would’ve ran more stuff to get Mgbako shots - I would have brought him in a lot sooner at the end even though he had 4 fouls. Heartbreaking loss for sure but I am optimistic for the rest of the year.

Hard for me to see this team turning into a confident, poised, killer by years end. Hope I'm wrong. Think we are a year away. Mac and Ware need to come back. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, John S said:

I missed the game and felt if we lost by single digits it would be a moral victory, though i hate moral wins.   But, what changes did CMW make that allowed Trey to be an offensive force.  It is amazing, considering his previous games. 

DHO & pick n roll with Ware & MR 

Both bigs made some nice back door passes too

With no shot blocker TG was downhill all day…..they didn’t want to help off Ware 

2 minutes ago, KDB said:

Down 4 and that play we got MM a wide open shot was a good OOB play 

• Like 1