Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

4 hours ago, BobSaccamanno said:

I won’t comment on Banks but CJ Gunn can be mesmerizing at 6’6 (at least; compared to the height of some other guys he might even be 6’7), those long arms, agility, lateral ability.  Strong performances against Michigan on the road and now Ohio State.  

I am a flow guy.  When you catch the ball in rhythm and the flow of the game, you’re more apt to make it.  We see that when Gunn does well.  Other times, he forces something up outside the flow and rhythm.  Everybody has played with guys who just jack it up with zero feel for the rhythm of the play, context of the game, value of the possession, etc.  Woody is talking to him about it, based on even Gunn’s comments, and the way he was yanked immediately after launching an ill-advised long two at Lincoln.

Anyway, when Gunn gets a sweat going, lets the game come to him, and avoids the “look what I found, I am putting up an 18 footer” he can be a huge asset.  His length, agility, long arms, and activeness is a pretty powerful combo and not something you can just find anywhere.  He also shoots better when he calms down and lets the game come to him instead of launching shots in a jittery way like a nervous tick.

There is zero reason why he can’t string together some consistent performances.  I think he can do it with a consistent approach.  OSU should open his eyes on what is possible if he approaches the game right.  Same thing as Michigan.  He’s done it against high level comp even on the road.   

We need him to just be CJ...Not try to be MJ :) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 3

My wife was acting kinda odd last night. I asked what was up, she said she just felt a little forlorn.

I asked her if that was contagious. She was a literature major at IU.

She says the weirdest things in everyday conversation. I always say "layman's babe, layman's" 😳 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

There is a stringent vocabulary test to become a mod.

We clearly made an exception for @Inequality. 

He's "country smart".  

There was a MENSA conference and during lunch a group noticed the salt and pepper shakers were switched. So they devised a way to pour out the contents and then put them back in correctly. When the waitress came by they pointed the issue out and before they could explain their clever solution she said ‘oh sorry’ and she switched the caps. Country smart!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

we always laugh somewhat inappropriately when we say/discuss banal.  not because it means anything like what it sounds, but that it sounds inappropriate for school.  we're a little like Beavis and Butthead at times.  same as when we have to do to our after school "duty."

3 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

we always laugh somewhat inappropriately when we say/discuss banal.  not because it means anything like what it sounds, but that it sounds inappropriate for school.  we're a little like Beavis and Butthead at times.  same as when we have to do to our after school "duty."

I wish you were my co teacher. My co teacher is kind of young and completely missed a Seinfeld reference I made. When I told her what I said was a Seinfeld reference, she asked if Seinfeld was a show or a person. 

Let’s beat Rutgers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I wish you were my co teacher. My co teacher is kind of young and completely missed a Seinfeld reference I made. When I told her what I said was a Seinfeld reference, she asked if Seinfeld was a show or a person. 

Let’s beat Rutgers. 

image.gif.b3b78d30b731b07b9e851e552e3a22b0.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Let’s beat Rutgers. 

I work with a 30 year old guy who never heard of the Andy Griffith show

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Let’s beat Rutgers. 

i hope you reported her.  we have a lot of fun in my classes.  sometimes i think i am one of the biggest behavior problems in the class.