Illinois Pre-Game Thread

IUFLA

1 hour ago, jefftheref said:

Not going to be pretty. We probably lose by 20.

We just got to work harder and I have to do a better job of getting them over the hump. 

i got it on good authority that Coach Woodson is working on that very thing.  actually saw a picture of the journey.  

From a matchup standpoint, they’ve got guys on the perimeter who can really go off the bounce.  We just gave up 91 to team with plodding guys who we couldn’t stop.  The matchup sure doesn’t look good on paper.  Marcus Domask.  I don’t see how we match up there at all the way we play.  They really played the portal well.   As much heat as Woody is rightfully getting, he does have a staff too.  The magnifying glass needs pointed that way.  

We need a guy like Felling who made Coach look at Cheaney and Evans.  We found an unheralded guy in Kirk Haston.   On and on.  There’s more to recruiting than opening the Indy Star and seeing who they rate.  Go find the next Jake LaRavia or Desmond Bane or Bryant McIntosh or Barnhizer or Davis from Gary playing for Dusty or even the two guards from 17-3 Indiana State.  Those are just in-state guys.  I’d love a job where I got paid well to go evaluate players.  Aside from Walsh, this should be a very good discussion going forward.  

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 2