Penn State Post Game

Just now, JerseyHoosier said:

Our guard play is just embarrassing. That's on the coaching staff. Not one of our guards is a game changer on either side of the court. You either have to recruit guards who can impact the game or develop the ones you have. Neither has happened for this team. 

If only we had an available scholarship to use to bring in a good guard this year…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

As disappointed in a loss during Coach Woodson's tenure. To be up double digits and lose by whatever to that team? Sometimes you just get a batch of bad ingredients. Sometimes the ingredients don't match what the staff wants. All still is on the staff though. Figure out a way to finish the season strong. Hit the portal as hard as you can and change the entire identity of this roster.

Otherwise I'm as ticked as I was when we lost at home to Northwestern in Archie's last year which we all know was the catalyst to replacing the staff.

• Like 5

The lack of pure athleticism on this team is mind boggling. I know some/many will disagree but this team defense is so poor because the lack of athleticism and just dogged determination.  This scheme HAS to have athletic dogs who can recover and switch. You can cover for 1 player with no ability to guard the perimeter but not 3. The only way this team beat even an ok team is to outscore them and that just isn’t going to happen often. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

see the Fire Woodson thread...

My email to Dolson, wish I was better at writing letters.

I assume you will be getting a lot of these kinds of emails today. Maybe not because most fans are totally over this coaching regime. I wasn't in favor of the hire when you made the hire but was going to give it a chance. I am now totally over it today because that was the most embarrassing loss I can remember in all of my years watching IU bay.

The roster construction is horrible and we have absolutely no guard play. We left one scholarship open even though everyone knew we needed more guards. Instead of bringing in some guards he brings in Walker and Sparks who don't even see the court.

You need to fire him tonight because this is totally unacceptable and should not happen at IU. It sounds like he is not totally dedicated to work hard on the recruiting front that a college basketball coach needs. This team plays with no passion or enthusiasm and that comes from your coach. He looks uninterested and has no emotion on the court. I just don't think he knew what the college game entails and shouldn't have ever been hired to coach IU basketball.

Please do all of us long time Hoosiers a favor and try to rebuild this program. I would like to get a coach like the Indiana State coach who actually runs a modern style of offense.

Scott Roberts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

As disappointed in a loss during Coach Woodson's tenure. To be up double digits and lose by whatever to that team? Sometimes you just get a batch of bad ingredients. Sometimes the ingredients don't match what the staff wants. All still is on the staff though. Figure out a way to finish the season strong. Hit the portal as hard as you can and change the entire identity of this roster.

Otherwise I'm as ticked as I was when we lost at home to Northwestern in Archie's last year which we all know was the catalyst to replacing the staff.

I remember that NW game well. That was the game I crossed the Ribicon on Archie and bought my ticket on the Fire Archie train. I’m not there yet now, but today was about as bad of a loss as we could have. 

• Like 4