Penn State Post Game

3 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

I hope we keep McNeely, but I wouldn’t blame him for asking out. 

That’s a real possibility unless he gets some positive feedback that Reneau and MgBako are coming back, and then maybe he decides to stick with us. With those three and possibly (pie in the sky) Queen, we’re two good guards away from being really good.

3 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

That’s a real possibility unless he gets some positive feedback that Reneau and MgBako are coming back, and then maybe he decides to stick with us. With those three and possibly (pie in the sky) Queen, we’re two good guards away from being really good.

I hope Queen values rebounding and playing D more so than Reneau. Otherwise he won’t move the needle much. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Don't think that's a necessary tweet.

Maybe, but if I was a parent on this team I wouldn’t like how the players catch all the blame and the 66 year old adult with a $5m salary doesn’t take any of it. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I can’t imaging guards coming here if we have those four. Why would anyone believe we wouldn’t play those guys 30+ mpg. 

Like I said many times already. With the IU resources, portal and NIL, it’s much easier to quickly build a competitive roster. Unless your IU apparently.

IU lost its ability to coach a men’s basketball team when they were silly enough to let Matta walk out that door.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

I can’t imaging guards coming here if we have those four. Why would anyone believe we wouldn’t play those guys 30+ mpg. 

I know many here are in love with Reneau’s apparent 2 pt offensive efficiency, but we have zero movement or flow to the offense when he’s in the game. And he plays very little D and doesn’t rebound much. We had a blueprint when he was out against Iowa, and what do we do? Go right back to the garbage we were used to. 

• Like 3

Just now, kyhoosier29 said:

I know many here are in love with Reneau’s apparent 2 pt offensive efficiency, but we have zero movement or flow to the offense when he’s in the game. And he plays very little D and doesn’t rebound much. We had a blueprint when he was out against Iowa, and what do we do? Go right back to the garbage we were used to. 

Honestly Malik and Ware are our offense. Both would thrive even more so on a well put together squad. I am so thankful that they are here but at the same time I feel bad for them that they are here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Like I said many times already. With the IU resources, portal and NIL, it’s much easier to quickly build a competitive roster. Unless your IU apparently.

IU lost its ability to coach a men’s basketball team when they were silly enough to let Matta walk out that door.

Right before we hired Woodson didn’t Goodman report Matta failed a physical or he would have been hired?  Rabjohns was immediately dispatched to deny that report. I always wondered about that whole deal. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

He is 11th of 15 in ORtg in the conference for guys with at least 24% usage. He puts up stats, but right now isn’t really a guy that impacts winning.

Can he be later? Maybe?

EDIT: before someone talks about TJD as a sophomore and his growth, he was 8th of 20 in ORtg in the B1G his sophomore year for guys with over 24% usage, and he was a better rebounder and defender. 

Edited by KoB2011
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Right before we hired Woodson didn’t Goodman report Matta failed a physical or he would have been hired?  Rabjohns was immediately dispatched to deny that report. I always wondered about that whole deal. 

I heard something similar from somewhere back then. I sure do wish Matta would have been given the keys to run the show. 

16 minutes ago, Inequality said:

Honestly Malik and Ware are our offense. Both would thrive even more so on a well put together squad. I am so thankful that they are here but at the same time I feel bad for them that they are here.

I don’t feel the least bit sorry for Malik. If he played hard on the other end and hit the boards harder, then maybe. But why would I feel for him if he only really works on one end? He was dreadful on D today. No complaints whatsoever on Ware. 

Edited by kyhoosier29
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Understand your point, but if we could get a couple of really good (elite) guards that play 30+ mpg themselves, it could be special…but that’s a big IF.

25 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Understand your point, but if we could get a couple of really good (elite) guards that play 30+ mpg themselves, it could be special…but that’s a big IF.

what elite guard is going into the portal and what are the odds they come to IU, two of them at that?

The last 2 games showed me that Cupps might not be ready next year to contribute on a good team. Galloway is limited in scoring but he’s the only one working hard on defense. Ware needs to demand the ball. Be more assertive. Last thing when Iu goes up 10 in the first half don’t make 4 subs. Keep the foot on the throttle. 

23 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Not to rub salt in the wound, but Dalton Knecht is averaging 31.8 ppg over Tennessee’s last 6 games.

Isn't there a new investigation around his recruitment? That said, we could use an extra 31.8 points per game. That would at least help a little. 

• Haha 1

I’m so glad I didn’t watch that live because i got to fast forward through a lot of that crap, but may have missed a few things. When PSU went on that run early on in the second half were any time outs called? 

Edited by tdhoosier

3 minutes ago, tdhoosier said:

I’m so glad I didn’t watch that live because i got to fast forward through a lot of that crap, but may have missed a few things. When PSU went on that run early on in the second half were any time outs called? 

I mean we hardly even had the ball to call timeout in that run. We managed one shot in the first three minutes because of turnovers and giving up offensive rebounds. 

2 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

The last 2 games showed me that Cupps might not be ready next year to contribute on a good team. Galloway is limited in scoring but he’s the only one working hard on defense. Ware needs to demand the ball. Be more assertive. Last thing when Iu goes up 10 in the first half don’t make 4 subs. Keep the foot on the throttle. 

I don't have an issue with Cupps.  He wasn't supposed to be a starting PG as a Freshman.  I also think he would do alright in a different type of systemic set up.  If we keep him around for 4 years, he will contribute.

• Like 6