Penn State Post Game

3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't have an issue with Cupps.  He wasn't supposed to be a starting PG as a Freshman.  I also think he would do alright in a different type of systemic set up.  If we keep him around for 4 years, he will contribute.

No guard in the portal with a brain will choose to come play in our offense.  95, 28 and 105 rankings. The offense is just horrible overall and is not perimeter focused.   Woodson has ranked near the bottom in shooting 3s every year.  He hasn’t developed his players.  I have said this a million times.  If I had a kid who was a D1 talent I would tell Woodson from day one not to call.  If I was sending him to a Big Ten coach it would be Painter.  

Edited by IU_Realist

3 minutes ago, IU_Realist said:

95, 28 and 105 rankings.

This is the killer. Woodson inherited a pretty good defense and it has gotten worse YoY in Year 2 and again in Year 3.

His offense seems to be very dependent on having extremely talented personnel like TJD and JHS. What exactly is it that Mike Woodson is elevating for this team?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This is the killer. Woodson inherited a pretty good defense and it has gotten worse YoY in Year 2 and again in Year 3.

His offense seems to be very dependent on having extremely talented personnel like TJD and JHS. What exactly is it that Mike Woodson is elevating for this team?

He lacks a system.  See Purdue.  It’s plug and play and all about developing kids.  He can throw out there two frosh guards who weren't ranked  high and win the Big Ten while we can’t. He develops shooters.  He has movement unlike us.  List goes on.  Woodson is way over his head because he can’t build a roster, doesn’t have a system without stars.  His best season has had 12 losses.  You are right.  Defense has gotten worse since Matta and Fife left.  Idiots run this program.  

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

So I just want to say that it is clear apathy has set in, even around here.  Only 5 pages after a loss like that and you know that people have already thrown in the towel.

Most of the conversation is in the Fire Mije Woodson thread

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cbp4IU said:

Over under 2.5 more wins this season.

this is the question... home games: NW, Nebraska, Mich St., Wisconsin.  all winnable, but honestly all losable after what we saw today.  then 5 road games.  does anyone honestly think we win any of those?

5 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

How did Fisch sound?

5 hours ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Did Fisch sound frustrated, disgusted, or anything at all?

Sorry fellas.  Just now saw this.  Don, to me, sounded somber and frustrated at the same time.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, 94Bulldog said:

Not a Doyle fan, but that story was under pay wall last night.  When I pick it through this post, I was able to read it.  Nothing we all haven’t already talked about here with Woody’s issues.

I just found those two quotes in the tweet interesting. 

I think Michael is growing into the position and will hit his stride soon. Might not be fast enough for the Negative Nancy Whine and Cheese Club, but he’s advancing in his craft. I have made Scott aware of my concerns regarding the program, however, and I know he’s monitoring with great interest.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/3/2024 at 8:21 PM, IUCrazy2 said:

So I just want to say that it is clear apathy has set in, even around here.  Only 5 pages after a loss like that and you know that people have already thrown in the towel.

Love Gabe’s work ethic and if I were him, I’d take a redshirt next year.  Bulk up and put up hundreds of three’s a day, live in the film room.  Knowing how much he works, I think it would do him wonders.   I don’t want him to wake up and be a junior already and have time start running out.   To redshirt him, you need three new guards to go with a super senior Trey and Newton.