Penn State Post Game

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

I remember that NW game well. That was the game I crossed the Ribicon on Archie and bought my ticket on the Fire Archie train. I’m not there yet now, but today was about as bad of a loss as we could have. 

I'm not there at all in terms of Coaching changes. Weighing all sides of things between recruiting, player development, and Coaching I'm on the side of chalk it up as a bad year and go from there in the offseason. We certainly will have an entirely different roster next year.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm not there at all in terms of Coaching changes. Weighing all sides of things between recruiting, player development, and Coaching I'm on the side of chalk it up as a bad year and go from there in the offseason. We certainly will have an entirely different roster next year.

Somebody has to get fired for this year.  If Woodson is going to get another chance (and I think he will), I am forcing him to fire Hunter at the very least.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Wow this is a shockingly bad take from a coach of 40 years.  

This is the kind of take that is Kenny Payne bad. I mean, was Woodson sleep walking during the game? You don’t have to be Dr. Naismith to know that the press was absolutely hurting us. Embarrassing take.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Somebody has to get fired for this year.  If Woodson is going to get another chance (and I think he will), I am forcing him to fire Hunter at the very least.

Not necessarily disagreeing…but then who recruits? We know Woodson is too busy smoking cigars, sipping wine and playing golf to get out consistently on the recruitment trail. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Shocking part he doesnt see the game. Not sure what the question was, but i guarantee it was about their press. Everyone else seen the issue but the guy making $4 million not so much.

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

What did you weigh them? 😂 Nothing is going to change. Can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Imagine what the last two years would have looked like if TJD wasn’t here. And Woodson didn’t bring him here. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Not necessarily disagreeing…but then who recruits? We know Woodson is too busy smoking cigars, sipping wine and playing golf to get out consistently on the recruitment trail. 

Who has Hunter brought in the last 3 years?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

ill add that we got one shot in the first three minutes of the second half, which is were we lost the game. How can our coach honestly say this? 

Well he's spot on about the defense but come on...he isn't owning how much that press affected us. I can't believe after the Auburn game that every team in't pressing us from beginning to end. Our guards simply aren't good enough to handle it, especially with Xavier out. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

What did you weigh them? 😂 Nothing is going to change. Can’t teach an old dog new tricks. Imagine what the last two years would have looked like if TJD wasn’t here. And Woodson didn’t bring him here. 

TJD stayed because of him. Steve Kerr has said we know Coach Woodson knows the game and how to develop. Jalen Hood Schifino the same. I'll weigh those 2 alone vs this one year all day long. Just need to find the kids. One bright side...playing time will be available. Recruit, hit the portal, and see where things go next year.

Of course we have plenty of season left. Stranger things happen....but not real happy about today at all nor should anyone be. Time for pickleball and beer. Catch up later gang.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, John S said:

Blue-chip program?

Had the TV on in the background listening to the halftime show during the Texas/TCU.  One of studio analysts said about Indiana.  'This is not your grandfather's Indiana' and 'Tradition is not Identity'.  I'm not sure who it was that said it, as I was listening, but not actually watching at the time.  Regardless, it just shows IU fans aren't the only ones who are taking notice.     

Edited by 5fouls
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Our offense scored 1.14 points per possession and had an adjusted offensive rating of 123.5. Both of those are excellent. Meanwhile we gave up 1.38 points per possession on defense. The press wasn’t the issue, it was our inability to do anything defensively.

edit: let me add, our offense wasn’t great in the second half. But in total, our offense did enough to win. But our defense was non-existent the entire game. It just didn’t seem as bad in the first half since our offense was clicking.

Edited by Kdug
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

My point was more towards our head coach. He needs to be more active on the recruitment trail not sipping wine and golfing. 

1. How do you know how much he actually recruits, plays golf, sips wine or takes a dump?

2. Recruiting has been ok. Not awful, not great. But talent level is not the problem

We have had as much talent as anybody we have played thos year sans Kansas and Arizona.

The product right now sucks. The results suck. But it's a leap to say it's because he enjoys cigars or something. It's just a bad product.  😁

2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

1. How do you know how much he actually recruits, plays golf, sips wine or takes a dump?

2. Recruiting has been ok. Not awful, not great. But talent level is not the problem

We have had as much talent as anybody we have played thos year sans Kansas and Arizona.

The product right now sucks. The results suck. But it's a leap to say it's because he enjoys cigars or something. It's just a bad product.  😁

He absolutely needs to be more active on the recruitment trail. It's pretty common knowledge that he's not recruiting like some of his colleagues.  Some of our message boarders on this very site know players in the State who are being highly recruited and have mentioned Woodson isn't involved as they would like him to be. Woodson has his assistants do the majority of the recruiting for him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Between2Halls said:

I didn’t get to watch. What did I miss?

You gained 2 hours of your life better spent. When the time comes and rest of us are on our deathbeds, cursing those two hours we all lost watching IU lose to Penn State, you will die in peace and contentment, knowing you spent your time on Earth well. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1