Ohio State Post Game Thread

KDB

3 minutes ago, IUskim said:

Remind me how the quad works again. Is it where the team is at the end of the season or does it count as a quad 1 even if they aren’t quad 1 anymore

Unfortunately it is where they are at the end of the season. We would love for OSU and Michigan to end up top 75 in NET so that those wins are both Quad 1. 

4 minutes ago, KDB said:

Damn this makes me happy. You can tell how much it means to him. He has been awesome with the extended opportunities. Just solid. Knows his role.

Yup, and some of what IU has been missing. We need some guys in the rotation that get what Indiana is supposed to be about. 

I think his rebounding has been a big impact too. The defense looks better when you're not giving up 2nd chance opportunities. 

I'll admit I was wrong on Leal. I had said in the offseason that I couldn't see him ever really being in the rotation. 

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Yup, and some of what IU has been missing. We need some guys in the rotation that get what Indiana is supposed to be about. 

I think his rebounding has been a big impact too. The defense looks better when you're not giving up 2nd chance opportunities. 

I'll admit I was wrong on Leal. I had said in the offseason that I couldn't see him ever really being in the rotation. 

He wasn't even getting garbage minutes last year. I don't know if he was hurt, or he's improved or he was misjudged. But, looking at his 2.2 minutes per game in his 11 appearances from last year, thinking he wouldn't play was the easy prediction.

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Can people be positive at least for a couple of hours. Yes the first 25 minutes were awful but these kids hung in there and competed their ass off.

I won't! Not with this team. They are more of the first 30 mins then they are the last 10. Until you stop writing the AD dont reply to me. I dont feel the need for a feel good moment. We were down 18 points. A good team would have buried us. We dug out of it because OSU is worse then we are. Once I see complete change over several games from this team and staff then I'll let up but not until then.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, KDB said:

Our remaining schedule is pretty appealing..

@ #2 Purdue

Northwestern

Nebraska

@ Penn State

#11 Wisconsin

@ Maryland

@ Minnesota

Michigan State

I think we have a real chance in all of those other than @ PUke

Win 4/5 of those and a game or two in the conference tournament and you have a chance for the tournament.. right?

i like your optimism.  comes out in a lot of people after a win, but we're still gonna be underdogs in literally everyone of those games.  i'll still be surprised if we win more than 2.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

I won't! Not with this team. They are more of the first 30 mins then they are the last 10. Until you stop writing the AD dont reply to me. I dont feel the need for a feel good moment. We were down 18 points. A good team would have buried us. We dug out of it because OSU is worse then we are. Once I see complete change over several games from this team and staff then I'll let up but not until then.

I think I'm closer to your side than an optimist.  Great effort tonight to come back, but lets wait and see if we stay within 10 points on the road to the Boilers

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Purdue7 said:

Watching the game on replay was freaking brutal with all the reviews 

After almost 3 hours I’m not sure what a goal tend or block/charge is….

Still have to wonder why AL never plays 

He's played over 19 mins per game the last 4. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

I mean this is a very complimentary way - that was a Zach McRoberts type of effort from Leal tonight. Would love to see him give us those the rest of the season (and next season?).

You can't play 5 ball dominant players, but AL does so many little things that help teams win games. 

2 things he does exceptionally well.  Communicates and competes.  And those 2 little hand offs is just basketball 101.  Penetrate and find an open man.  

Remember in the off season they asked who would you want in a street fight with you and the answer was Leal?  Remember he's ridiculously strong for his size.  Can't remember his bench numbers but it was up there.  

val5dwjkh7k51.jpg

• Like 5

8 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

No, not with just 4 or 5 of them. 

I think you need to win 6 out of 8 to be anywhere near the conversation and that might not even do it because of the hole we dug by not blowing out the crap teams at the beginning of the year.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, MSHoosier said:

I think I'm closer to your side than an optimist.  Great effort tonight to come back, but lets wait and see if we stay within 10 points on the road to the Boilers

Nobody has said we have turned the corner but just enjoy a win. The players actually showed some emotion and passion which was great to see.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Trey finally shows the kind of senior leadership we need... Both on the road and at home...

And I think having Anthony, who's building up even more cred with his younger teammates by not only talking the talk, but walking the walk, out there makes Galloway a better player... The chemistry is definitely there...

I know this game will be downplayed, and no one is stamping it as a signature win, but any road victory in this league is valuable, especially coming from 18 back... Even the most virulent critic has to acknowledge that these kids fought and didn't give up... 

Yeah, you could almost see Galloway realizing in real time during that 2nd half that he needed to be the one to lead this group. 

Really good to see him step up and have a good game on the road. 

Hopefully his leadership becomes a constant. 

• Like 8