2024 Transfer Portal

3 hours ago, Between2Halls said:

This one made me chuckle. See ya dad! 

I have a bit of a different take. Having older kids of my own, I understand they reach a point where they want to be on their own. I have no issue with this. If I recall correctly, he also stepped back from basketball for awhile to focus on his mental health. Wish him nothing but the best!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TruestFan said:

Welp, I guess if Woody hires K Payne maybe 1-2 UL portal guys could follow him to Bloomington 

Not sure whether that would be a good thing or a bad one 

Lets hope none of that happens

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

LOL, wow. 

Best of luck to Iowa with the transfer portal.  Not going to be easy getting players when other staffs can say “they can’t even keep their own kids on the team and believing in the program.”

Dammit. I hate that for them. 

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

You just triggered Nijel Pack flashbacks. 

That was the whole reasoning behind this post haha.

Not sure if they are in the same position as they were then. I thought John Ruiz was the biggest backer, and he is in some trouble 

1 minute ago, ledies22 said:

That was the whole reasoning behind this post haha.

Not sure if they are in the same position as they were then. I thought John Ruiz was the biggest backer, and he is in some trouble 

Is Perkins local?  I am not familiar with where he is from?  Did he initially want to be at IU?  I didn't follow his recruitment. 

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Is Perkins local?  I am not familiar with where he is from?  Did he initially want to be at IU?  I didn't follow his recruitment. 

Lawrence North. Nijel is from Lawrence Central. Same school district. 

2800 kids go to LN

2300 to LC

4 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Perkins committed to Iowa as a three-star guard, ranked No. 314 in the nation out of Lawrence North High School in Indianapolis, Ind. 

I dont think we chased him too hard.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

For more reference-- Leland Walker's HS, North Central, is in the same sectional as previous two HSs that were mentioned and located pretty close. 

North Central has 3800

• Like 1