2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

2 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

This guy seems a bit more fleet of foot than Sparks and is shooting threes. I say bring it. 

Also need to think about what these "bench" guys will bring to practice and how that can help the starters improve. A big body that can stretch the floor will force Ballo to work on his D for example.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iuswingman said:

Fishbowl doesn't require 7 figures and being paid more than doctors.  Bidding wars is the only reason they get paid ridiculous amounts.  If every school decided they would stick with 6 figures, there would be complaining but very few are taking a pay cut to change professions.

Obviously the talent wouldn't be as good but quit pretending no one would play for just a free education.  

Yeah, that is incredibly illegal and goes against every free market principle that our economy is based on. Schools are willing to pay a lot of money to coaches because college basketball and football bring in an insane amount of money. IU is well within their right to set a cap at $100K for a basketball coach. They don’t do that because that’s no what the market dictates for a competent coach, and having good athletic programs is beneficial to the school.

• Like 1

Is Fletcher Loyer one of these sharpshooters we speak of? 

If so, why didn't he shoot better as a FR? I mean, no one got better looks than he and Smith did as FR, but yet, they could only shoot 97-282== 34.3% --- on the HIGHEST quality of looks of basically anyone in the country. 

Are those two sharpshooters and if so, why? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kdug said:

Yeah, that is incredibly illegal and goes against every free market principle that our economy is based on. Schools are willing to pay a lot of money to coaches because college basketball and football bring in an insane amount of money. IU is well within their right to set a cap at $100K for a basketball coach. They don’t do that because that’s no what the market dictates for a competent coach, and having good athletic programs is beneficial to the school.

Pro sports have salary caps for players in order to maintain competitive balance so obviously there are ways to accomplish it legally even if it is highly unlikely to happen.

Though, my actual point was more that the salary explosion is a result of bidding wars more so than it being required because the job is just so undesirable (as zline was trying to imply).

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

The simple answer is that he typically just didn't need to. 

34-2, likely wanted to get other players time from the coaching staff.  Dominate record for sure.  Also lots of time the bench’s are long at these low division schools, so worth giving others time when you can IMO.

13 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Pro sports have salary caps for players in order to maintain competitive balance so obviously there are ways to accomplish it legally even if it is highly unlikely to happen.

Though, my actual point was more that the salary explosion is a result of bidding wars more so than it being required because the job is just so undesirable (as zline was trying to imply).

Did the NBA limit Jordan’s NIL? Even if say they do collective bargain a salary. It still won’t stop NIL. It might calm the it some. 

1 hour ago, Bville_Hoosier said:

Road2Zion (Zionsville) and Zvillhoosier (Zionsville) sound awfully familiar lol. 

Wait a minute, is someone impersonating me? (I’m not on Btown Banners and no idea what this is in reference to, just making sure I’m not being falsely implicated in some thing 😁)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Only thing that confused me about this individual... why did he only play like 22-25 mins per game? 

Looks like they had a lot of blow outs: https://gclancers.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule

This dude was super efficient. Seems like a no brainer to me if he wants in: https://gclancers.com/sports/mens-basketball/roster/elijah-malone/4798

• Like 1