2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I hope we bag Elijah Malone tomorrow. He can actually hit a free throw, do we feel good about our chances with him or is ND going to be a thorn in our side?

TBD but I know I want him at IU

• Like 8

1 minute ago, btownqb said:

Essesigan isn't 21. Only Yogi tries to get in the bars under-age on Little 5, and doesn't have a set of boobs and thighs hanging out. 

I remember visiting my IU friend on campus, he said he wanted to check out an underage club in Bloomington. The doorman said we could go in and look if we wanted to stay come back out and pay the cover. We came back out and thanked him, instead of co-eds everyone inside was like 14!

33 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Essesigan isn't 21. Only Yogi tries to get in the bars under-age on Little 5, and doesn't have a set of boobs and thighs hanging out. 

An example that these are young kids we’re dealing with and even the good ones may need a mulligan. To Yogi’s credit, never had any legal incidents the rest of his career. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

An example that these are young kids we’re dealing with and even the good ones may need a mulligan. To Yogi’s credit, never had any legal incidents the rest of his career. 

Heyyyy... I've done wayyyy worse than what Yogi tried to pull, nonetheless, it WAS incredibly stupid. 

It changed my opinion of him ZERO, I love Yogi, Top 5 Hoosier for me. (Yogi was also "old" for his grade, he turned 21 like 2 weeks after this happened lol)

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

Just now, btownqb said:

Heyyyy... I've done wayyyy worse than what Yogi tried to pull, nonetheless, it WAS incredibly stupid. 

It changed my opinion of him ZERO. (Yogi was also "old" for his grade, he turned 21 like 2 weeks after this happened lol)

Guilty as charged here as well. 😂

• Like 1

I once tried to get into Axis underage, no fake ID or anything. Not to drink, I just really wanted to see Victor Wooten. Obviously the bouncer up front wasn't having it, but I got real close to talking my way in through a side door. Two folks were out there smoking, might have been with the band. The woman was all for letting us in, said her kids sneak into shows all the time, but the guy waited for her to go back in, then apologized and said he couldn't do it and shut the door on us.

39 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

I once tried to get into Axis underage, no fake ID or anything. Not to drink, I just really wanted to see Victor Wooten. Obviously the bouncer up front wasn't having it, but I got real close to talking my way in through a side door. Two folks were out there smoking, might have been with the band. The woman was all for letting us in, said her kids sneak into shows all the time, but the guy waited for her to go back in, then apologized and said he couldn't do it and shut the door on us.

I might've been at that show! Saw Victor at the Bird and Axis (or whatever it's name was at the time). Him and his brother Reggie put on the best shows - jaw on the floor type of musicianship. Probably saw them another 2 or 3 times after college. 

• Like 1