2024/2025 portal/late decommits IU is interested in

1 hour ago, Victobmyboy said:

Did the NBA limit Jordan’s NIL? Even if say they do collective bargain a salary. It still won’t stop NIL. It might calm the it some. 

NIL in the pros is actually about NIL.

Pro teams aren't paying players under the table with fan donations to come to their team and pretending it is NIL because they actual have contracts and rules.

Edited by iuswingman
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Pro teams aren't paying players under the table with fan donations to come to their team and pretending it is NIL because they actual have contracts and rules.

The pros can do that because they acknowledge players as employees and pay them salaries. All of this NIL stuff is caused from the universities refusing to acknowledge players as employees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqb said:

Is Fletcher Loyer one of these sharpshooters we speak of? 

If so, why didn't he shoot better as a FR? I mean, no one got better looks than he and Smith did as FR, but yet, they could only shoot 97-282== 34.3% --- on the HIGHEST quality of looks of basically anyone in the country. 

Are those two sharpshooters and if so, why? 

I think it’s clear both Loyer and Smith are sharpshooters but both struggled at times last year.  I think some have a harder time adjusting to the college game than others and they were both worn down by the end of that season. I think they’ll both see a dip next year with Zach gone but still think they’ll shoot it well.  To me, it’s a combination of form, consistency, etc…. Even with Galloway’s high percentage a few years ago, I never considered him a sharpshooter for example. 

FTR, I think Essegian is a sharpshooter too. 

Edited by Stlboiler23

1 minute ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it’s clear both Loyer and Smith are sharpshooters but both struggled at times last year.  I think some have a harder time adjusting to the college game than others.  I think they’ll both see a dip next year with Zach gone but still think they’ll shoot it well.  To me, it’s a combination of form, consistency, etc…. Even with Galloway’s high percentage a few years ago, I never considered him a sharpshooter for example. 

Ok.  Then riddle me Kanaan Carlyle. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

I get that but it’s still not limiting NIL. People talk like “there must be a cap”. You can’t cap NIL.  Any back to the regular scheduled program before I get in trouble. 

Edited by Victobmyboy

42 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I think it’s clear both Loyer and Smith are sharpshooters but both struggled at times last year.  I think some have a harder time adjusting to the college game than others and they were both worn down by the end of that season. I think they’ll both see a dip next year with Zach gone but still think they’ll shoot it well.  To me, it’s a combination of form, consistency, etc…. Even with Galloway’s high percentage a few years ago, I never considered him a sharpshooter for example. 

I’m curious to see how they pan out too. I think Smith is a a stud, but it’ll be interesting to see how much having a 7’4” 300 lbs guy setting your ball screen every time helped. Plus the chance to just lob anywhere close to the rim….dont get me wrong I still think he’ll be good, but Edey got all of them some easy shots for sure.

22 minutes ago, gnet550 said:

I’m curious to see how they pan out too. I think Smith is a a stud, but it’ll be interesting to see how much having a 7’4” 300 lbs guy setting your ball screen every time helped. Plus the chance to just lob anywhere close to the rim….dont get me wrong I still think he’ll be good, but Edey got all of them some easy shots for sure.

And a lot of open second chance opportunities. That’s why, with Ballo, we have to have some perimeter shooters 

1 hour ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

The video is still being made 

There was a guy on here edits or maybe it was on twitter....but he was posting and took a time out. He had mentioned that most of the videos were made well in advance.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong.

I keep seeing people saying we need sharp shooters but there is more to shooting than just 3 pointers. I want a player who can score at all 3 levels over a guy who only shoots 3's. I would call Calbert Cheaney a sharp shooter even though he didn't shoot a lot of 3's.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I keep seeing people saying we need sharp shooters but there is more to shooting than just 3 pointers. I want a player who can score at all 3 levels over a guy who only shoots 3's. I would call Calbert Cheaney a sharp shooter even though he didn't shoot a lot of 3's.

That would be Cam Spencer