March Madness 2024

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Comments like this never cease to amaze me. Not based in any sort of reality just silly opinion. 

Purdue has been to the Elite 8 5 times. IU has won 5 Championships. 

Purdue always flames out early.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Growing up Selection Sunday was a holiday for me and I tried to pass that on to my kids. . My 2 oldest kids are 28 and 24 and for them I treated it the same way. We used to love to have our brackets ready to fill out and had so much anticipation of seeing how far West they were sending our Hoosiers. Its been a long time since we have done that just because IU is irrelevant in college basketball when it comes tournament time. I hate it so much. Instead of yesterday being a holiday I spent 10 hours painting the living room and hall ways of our house. Only looked to see if ISU made it and nothing else until today when i filled out a bracket. I miss the days of the excitement of Indiana basketball and being a homer and picking IU to win it every year. I have resigned to living the GLORY DAYS. Sucks to be an IU fan.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, pinkroync said:

Math dorks. NET and analytics were put together by nerds who probably never even learned how to dribble. 

The internet has allowed losers to become professionals at things that used to be daily life. 

You do realize that out of two of the godfathers of modern sports analytics, one is an IU alum and lived in B-town quite a while after graduating (Jeff Sagarin), and the other was an IU professor for 25+ years (Wayne Winston)? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If Purdue is going to make a run, I really hope it’s this year. 

Am I subject to public floggings if I say I kind of hope they do? I swear I’m not making the following up…..I’m….ummmm….kind of dating a Purdue cheerleader. No, not former…current. Yeah, I wouldn’t believe me either, but that’s a whole separate topic. 🤣 

IU wasn’t worth a damn since December anyway and if they’re ever going to make a run….might as well be her senior year. 

I’m going to go hide now before I see torches and pitchforks. :coffee: 

11 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

Growing up Selection Sunday was a holiday for me and I tried to pass that on to my kids. . My 2 oldest kids are 28 and 24 and for them I treated it the same way. We used to love to have our brackets ready to fill out and had so much anticipation of seeing how far West they were sending our Hoosiers. Its been a long time since we have done that just because IU is irrelevant in college basketball when it comes tournament time. I hate it so much. Instead of yesterday being a holiday I spent 10 hours painting the living room and hall ways of our house. Only looked to see if ISU made it and nothing else until today when i filled out a bracket. I miss the days of the excitement of Indiana basketball and being a homer and picking IU to win it every year. I have resigned to living the GLORY DAYS. Sucks to be an IU fan.

This is just one of those things that available information has evolved out of being. Rather than waiting by the TV and trying to frantically write down every matchup, you can just print out a full bracket at 6:30. Not saying it’s good or bad, it just is. 

28 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Am I subject to public floggings if I say I kind of hope they do? I swear I’m not making the following up…..I’m….ummmm….kind of dating a Purdue cheerleader. No, not former…current. Yeah, I wouldn’t believe me either, but that’s a whole separate topic. 🤣 

IU wasn’t worth a damn since December anyway and if they’re ever going to make a run….might as well be her senior year. 

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that I can no longer make Purdue cheerleader jokes!  

My life will forever be diminished.

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

200.webp?cid=6c09b952xilb4r98ecie3k1xnp6

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Are you SERIOUSLY telling me that I can no longer make Purdue cheerleader jokes!  

My life will forever be diminished.

I gave mine up a few months ago….for now anyway. 😂

And before anyone decides to go for the low hanging fruit, she’s neither bovine nor porcine, nor does she require a livestock scale. 

5 hours ago, Zlinedavid said:

I gave mine up a few months ago….for now anyway. 😂

And before anyone decides to go for the low hanging fruit, she’s neither bovine nor porcine, nor does she require a livestock scale. 

What about "lipstick for the p__"? (just kidding, just kidding)

5 hours ago, DWB said:

What about "lipstick for the p__"? (just kidding, just kidding)

I would say she's the finest looking thing that's ever come out of West Lafayette, but I already know what this crowd would twist that into. 😂

• Like 1

Finally filling out brackets, and it's amazing how poor a job this committee did. The East has three teams I would have picked for the Final Four, all of them ranked in the top 5 on Torvik. Meanwhile Purdue gets an injured and down Kansas, Rick Barnes, and a Creighton team that lost four of its last five, getting blasted by Cincinnati.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Finally filling out brackets, and it's amazing how poor a job this committee did. The East has three teams I would have picked for the Final Four, all of them ranked in the top 5 on Torvik. Meanwhile Purdue gets an injured and down Kansas, Rick Barnes, and a Creighton team that lost four of its last five, getting blasted by Cincinnati.

Depends on when you might get Rick Barnes. 2nd round or S16, not such a good matchup. E8….well, Rick isn’t known for doing well in E8 games. 

Some interesting new features on YouTubeTV

Introducing your new favorite courtside companion – multiview builder*

You can now choose up to 4, preselected games at the same time to watch live on your TV. Keep up with both the Men’s and Women’s divisions, all tournament long. Following your bracket just got that much easier.

Here’s how to find it: Head to Home, click into the live game, click Watch in Multiview, and then click Build a Multiview.

Your favorite Views are now in 1 view*

Just in time for March Madness® – you can now keep up with Key Plays, Stats, and Scores alongside the screen while you watch the game live. You’ll never miss an upset.

Here’s how to find it: Head to Home, click into the live game, and click Scores & Stats. Then sit back and enjoy the Views.

Jump back to the last channel you were watching*

Try the new last channel shortcut to flip back quickly and easily to the previous channel you were watching.

Here’s how it works: Open the YouTube TV app on your TV while you’re watching a game or show live, on demand, or via DVR, then hold Select or OK on your remote – you’ll be taken back to the last channel or video you were watching.

Watching the first game of the first four. I like some of these stories. Wagner leading Howard by 11 at half. They’ve played the last two months with only 7 healthy players, but finished 16-15 and won the NEC tournament. Three players played all 20 minutes in first half. But they’re in foul trouble 

33 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

OSU hangs on

My daughter is on the OSU dance team and is assigned the NIT games. She was texting to ask if we watched because it was close (and to see if we saw her on tv 🙄). I only caught the end but was surprised it was that tight. 

• Like 3