March Madness 2024

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

Every time i look up Va. is shooting an airball from 3. The committee really thought VA. was better than any team in the NIT?

I didn’t really pay attention to the bubble  teams that much because it was hectic this year and I knew IU wasn’t getting in.. but I was disappointed to see them make it. Give me literally any other bubble team over Virginia 

1 minute ago, Indykev said:

remember when everyone wanted Tony Bennett as the coach here. holy crap, dodged one there.

Yeah I wasn’t crazy about him then either. Gotta give him credit for winning a championship but watching his teams are like a slower, more boring version of Archie’s IU teams if that’s even possible 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Indykev said:

Every time i look up Va. is shooting an airball from 3. The committee really thought VA. was better than any team in the NIT?

That might have been one of the most brutal games I've watched. I don't know the exact time but I'm pretty sure Virginia didn't score for at least 45 real time minutes.

Tony Bennett who made the tourney 1 time in his first 4 years on the job....now has 5 first round exits of the tourney of the 10 he's made.

I don't want to hear about his coaching genius anymore from national media or even a few of the local experts. He's Trent Dilfer. Or Joe Flacco. 1 season doesn't make Hall of Fame.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

That might have been one of the most brutal games I've watched. I don't know the exact time but I'm pretty sure Virginia didn't score for at least 45 real time minutes.

Tony Bennett who made the tourney 1 time in his first 4 years on the job....now has 5 first round exits of the tourney of the 10 he's made.

I don't want to hear about his coaching genius anymore from national media or even a few of the local experts. He's Trent Dilfer. Or Joe Flacco. 1 season doesn't make Hall of Fame.

they had 2 seasons to be honest though.  Lost to a 16 as a #1 seed (good year) and then won a national title the next year.  Still don't think he is HOF though.  Just saying, 2 years lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Maedhros said:

Finally filling out brackets, and it's amazing how poor a job this committee did. The East has three teams I would have picked for the Final Four, all of them ranked in the top 5 on Torvik. Meanwhile Purdue gets an injured and down Kansas, Rick Barnes, and a Creighton team that lost four of its last five, getting blasted by Cincinnati.

Worst job by the committee in a long, long time. Virginia over Oklahoma or ISU along with a bunch of really strange seeding choices. Usually there's a couple minor complaints but this is just a travesty.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BruceDouglas said:

Worst job by the committee in a long, long time. Virginia over Oklahoma or ISU along with a bunch of really strange seeding choices. Usually there's a couple minor complaints but this is just a travesty.

Monkeys throwing darts would have been better 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, bronkonagurski said:

Purdue fans are nervous right now. They won't admit it, but we all know it is true! 💪😎🤘

They actually had a pretty easy path to the final 4 or at least the elite 8. I hate to say this but I actually picked Purdue to make the final four.