2024 SF Bryson Tucker Commits to INDIANA!!

1 minute ago, iuswingman said:

What all these players are making would be considered astronomical to us peons.  Whether or not it is overpaying is subjective 

KU and UK have been getting paid for years, same with Duke. Their lockerrooms seem to be fine. 

• Like 2

SI Article on Bryson

And not to crap on Queen and McNeely, but Tucker, from an athletic and physical standpoint, looked much more ready to compete at the college level in the Mickey Ds game last night...

Queen had a great game, but if you put him in with an Okpara or any center with length, I think he'll struggle unless he goes through a Malik Reneau type body transformation... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

KU and UK have been getting paid for years, same with Duke. Their lockerrooms seem to be fine. 

People thinking the playing field is now level do to NIL are living a dream. It’s more competitive now absolutely! But schools like Alabama and Kentucky still have very mature infrastructure when it comes to runners and bag men. A players handlers and relatives aren’t getting NIL, but???? NIL money is taxable, but under the table???? You think AAU coaches and promoters are suddenly good with NIL not coming their way????

Edited by Drroogh
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, IUFLA said:

That's what the 2 idiots in the video you linked said...And that's obviously not the case...

So if that's made up, the rest of it is questionable, don't you think?

this ^ - HOW MANY more times do we need to see that content creators say what gets clicks, not what is or isn't true

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Drroogh said:

Yeah and the time they got it seemed like Dylan and Boogie were in a competition for MVP.

That is the problem with games like this. Many times, the guy who controls the ball is trying to show up the other players, or just show off in general.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

SI Article on Bryson

And not to crap on Queen and McNeely, but Tucker, from an athletic and physical standpoint, looked much more ready to compete at the college level in the Mickey Ds game last night...

Queen had a great game, but if you put him in with an Okpara or any center with length, I think he'll struggle unless he goes through a Malik Reneau type body transformation... 

Truthfully, I don’t think DQ would’ve fit well on next years team. I don’t think him and MR would compliment each others games very well, so he would’ve only made sense as a backup to MR imo.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

"I was developing Bryson with a pro-type skill set.  It doesn’t mean that he was going to be a one-and-done or anything like that, but I already had certain things already mapped out, including certain types of coaches.  Indiana (with Mike Woodson) was one of those schools with one of those particular coaches"

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

"I was developing Bryson with a pro-type skill set.  It doesn’t mean that he was going to be a one-and-done or anything like that, but I already had certain things already mapped out, including certain types of coaches.  Indiana (with Mike Woodson) was one of those schools with one of those particular coaches"

Gotta love that.

1 minute ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Evidently, his father sees something in Coach Woodson that most of the fire CMW crowd doesn’t, and that says a lot.

To be fair he is probably more worried how Woodson develops his son over what the winning percentage is

Woodson has proven to be able  to develop some players and help them get to the NBA

• Like 1

9 hours ago, btownqb said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-qa-with-the-father-of-5-star-2024-commit-bryson-tucker/

oh my.. what an interview. I love it. Some pretty heavy quotes in here, IMO. 

Not gonna lie. I’m probably way more pumped now about him. I really wanted Liam over him but I’m not hating it currently.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Evidently, his father sees something in Coach Woodson that most of the fire CMW crowd doesn’t, and that says a lot.

If you remember who else thought the same….Ray Jackson. 

In his words to Trayce: “You’re stayin’”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, btownqb said:

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/iu-basketball-recruiting-qa-with-the-father-of-5-star-2024-commit-bryson-tucker/

oh my.. what an interview. I love it. Some pretty heavy quotes in here, IMO. 

We normally see it in the summertime when he’s playing against grown men.  I had him playing in Pro-Am leagues.  So he’s played against guys like Quinn Cook.  He’s played in a league here called the Kenner League, where as a 15-16 year-old he’s playing against grown men and averaging 20 points and seven rebounds because everything was pro rules.”

😲

40 years ago, a 16 year old kid was doing the same thing, except it was playing against grown men out in back of the West Baden Springs hotel, right at shift change time for the bussers/kitchen staff. Kid learned the game, how to talk and how to back it up. 

Larry something….can’t remember his name though….

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

We normally see it in the summertime when he’s playing against grown men.  I had him playing in Pro-Am leagues.  So he’s played against guys like Quinn Cook.  He’s played in a league here called the Kenner League, where as a 15-16 year-old he’s playing against grown men and averaging 20 points and seven rebounds because everything was pro rules.”

😲

40 years ago, a 16 year old kid was doing the same thing, except it was playing against grown men out in back of the West Baden Springs hotel, right at shift change time for the bussers/kitchen staff. Kid learned the game, how to talk and how to back it up. 

Larry something….can’t remember his name though….

images(1).jpeg.e3b7eae8b41e76194a198ade451d8f04.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3