2024 SF Bryson Tucker Commits to INDIANA!!

9 minutes ago, DWB said:

Admire your enthusiasm. Wish I could share it. (sigh) Until I see proof consistently on the floor, color me skeptical.

Not dissing Bryson at all. I'm sure he's very good. And we'll certainly be better (but maybe not great) because of him.

Also I just don’t think mgbako is playing the 4 in the NBA so if he’s told he’s a 3 in the NBA then I think he would be very reluctant to play the 4 next year

2 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Just saying, no one significantly improved their shooting under Miller or Woodson. When Crean was coach and Tim "the shot doctor" Buckley was assistant, numerous guys improved their shooting. It isn't just repetition. Repeating bad form won't help anything. 

Last season, Zeisloft had the second highest offensive rating of any player in the country, according to KenPom.com. He shot 45 percent on 3-pointers, including 51.4 percent in Big Ten play.

He’s not the only guy who has experienced major improvements in shooting in the Indiana program under Crean and associate head coach Tim Buckley, who several players call the team’s “shot doctor.”

Watford went from a 31.4 percent 3-point shooter as a freshman to 48.4 percent by his senior season. 

The shooting jump Oladipo made in his junior season, one in which he hit 44 percent of his 3s, is a major reason his NBA stock skyrocketed. 

“When you first get here, coach Crean focuses on turning your hips and having your left foot one, two,” Ferrell told Inside the Hall. “So that’s what I would focus on after practice and just shooting by myself was the mechanics of it. And we’ve got a great, great shooting coach with coach (Tim) Buckley. He tells us to be up with the ball, elbow under the ball, so with every shot, I focus on those things. With that going into my senior year, I feel like I’m even a better shooter now than I’ve ever been.”

Fans arriving early to Assembly Hall may notice Buckley and Collin Hartman going through a shooting routine, one that helped Hartman develop into a 47.5 percent 3-point shooter last season.

Zeisloft says he does something similar with Buckley’s instruction.

“They see the details. Coach Buckley and I do mine before the shoot around in the afternoon,” Zeisloft says. “So we’re both basically doing the same thing. Coach Buck sees my elbow when it’s popping out a little bit, he sees my chest when it’s fading back a little bit, he sees my chin up and tells me to keep my chin down. It’s the little things.”

https://www.insidethehall.com/2015/10/08/getting-better-all-the-time-tom-creans-culture-of-player-development/

I think we’re prob getting at the same thing. Don’t think Clif has anything to do with whether guys shots are improving or not. 

2 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

You don’t think working out muscles has anything to do with shooting? I don’t know your background but have you coach basketball? Your legs have absolutely everything to do with it and if you work the wrong part of muscles in your legs or overwork them then that has a major impact.

I know it CAN…. ha ha, but I’ll trust the tons of people in the industry that tell us that Clif knows what he’s doing. Nobody has answered my question yet…. what elite shooters have we recruited since Clif has been there that he screwed up? MK wasn’t “screwed up”…. he didn’t get the volume he should have gotten, but he wasn’t messed up by Clif. We haven’t had any elite shooters in a long time, but I’m sure the current guys thank you for making excuses for them. 😂

7 hours ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

From the videos i have seen, he doesn't look better than liam.  But that is just me.  I am going to agree with btown in that he doesn't look like a starter, but more of a 15-20min guy off the bench.  Liam was a day 1 starter level talent though.  I honestly don't think this kid is a 5* level talent from the little i have seen.  But i know nothing about anything so take for what its worth.

Personally…I’d rather start him and let him play off more skilled guys that will take the pressure off. I’d bring in Galloway off the bench to be that energy spark plug and initiate offense in the second unit who will benefit from his play making ability. Won’t happen but that’s what I would like to see.

Welcome to Indiana University Men's Basketball, Mr. Tucker and family.  You all will have the time of your lives in Bloomington. 

It will be nice to hear Indiana mentioned on the McDAA game-- again.  Hoo Hoo Hoo...

Edited by Lizard
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I know it CAN…. ha ha, but I’ll trust the tons of people in the industry that tell us that Clif knows what he’s doing. Nobody has answered my question yet…. what elite shooters have we recruited since Clif has been there that he screwed up? MK wasn’t “screwed up”…. he didn’t get the volume he should have gotten, but he wasn’t messed up by Clif. We haven’t had any elite shooters in a long time, but I’m sure the current guys thank you for making excuses for them. 😂

Love any strength conditioning stuff. 
but if the person focuses on looking buff, it’ll $*# up your shot. I wasn’t buff, or had a decent shot. 
but once my focus was on being a buff stud… my shot got even worse. 
my 3 pt shot (35%ish) went to 12% for 3 days after lifting. Not making this sh$& up!! 

Edit by bue:

@Joe_Hoopsier this is multiple posts today with beyond acceptable language. Please chill my man. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

but if the person focuses on looking buff, it’ll $*# up your shot. I wasn’t buff, or had a decent shot. 
my 3 pt shot (35%ish) went to 12% for 3 days after lifting. Not making this sh$& up!! 

Edit by bue:

@Joe_Hoopsier this is multiple posts today with beyond acceptable language. Please chill my man. :)

All right blue. It’s nearly bed time, I’ll simmer down. 
but it’s been an unusually exciting evening, I think everyone except you understood the extra level of exerberance      . Anyway, I’ll go back to vanilla now. ER’body love vanilla. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

All right blue. It’s nearly bed time, I’ll simmer down. 
but it’s been an unusually exciting evening, I think everyone except you understood the extra level of exerberance      . Anyway, I’ll go back to vanilla now. ER’body love vanilla. 

I can understand the excitement. And still ask everybody to follow the rules.   😝

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I can understand the excitement. And still ask everybody to follow the rules.   😝

I know… I just needed a minute to SUPER pump what everyone of us feel. 
i was the sacrificial lamb, and happy to do it. 
I’ll got back to the wether stall now. 

it was a fun run though!!! 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

Edit by bue:

Yeah, I mean I think it’s common sense that getting buff can affect a shot, but I’m not sure who came in as a good shooter, then got buff and then couldn’t shoot. Again, we haven’t recruited any shooters in recent years so how could Clif mess any of them up? 

3 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

Yeah, I mean I think it’s common sense that getting buff can affect a shot, but I’m not sure who came in as a good shooter, then got buff and then couldn’t shoot. Again, we haven’t recruited any shooters in recent years so how could Clif mess any of them up? 

My mind on this topic isn't coming towards a sniper pin point conclusion, more an over all concept.

As a short fat white kid that actually had a pretty good, "barn yard ball" 3 point shot (legit legal distance), Once I got to college and started lifting/ working out.. and no straight male, in 1987 worked out to Richard Simmons, it was about building upper body strength, Bench press ! 

After a work out, I couldn't hit the end of the gym at Vincennes university.Yea laugh that I have an associates from VU, but I paid for it in cash and I now (for the last 10 years) make 1/4 mill a year. The point is, when I lifted I couldn't throw a ball in the ocean, but had a really good .. short fat white farm kid shot before lifting. 

You and others may be rocket surgeons, I'm not. But I do know that lifting totally changed the one thing, at the time, that I loved being good at, and that was shooting the Bball. 

Anyway, Cliff ain't evil, he builds better bodies, but I am not a fan of Ball players lifting much. There's just too much of a, teenager/ to adulthood mind shift that needs to happen to seperate the " looks friggin awesome" to put the ball in the gosh darn hole every time. 

Long winded I know. Probably could have been shorter if Blue would let me use 4 letter words.. :)  .. well, probable not but I gotta call him out. ... IT's like my cliff work out ! 

37 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

CJ?

That kid is gonna ball at depaul. I see it happening !

He came in looking good and then had plenty of time "defining" his physical outline. 

Then couldn't hit the balcony in assembly hall. We all know that he can and should be a 3 pt sniper.. He simply had a TERRIBLE case of the yips. He was genius at interpreting passing lanes for the steal, and changing direction to get the defensive tip of an opponents shot. 

He'd shoot 80% in warm ups, then his shot TOTALLY changed in game time. Suddenly in game shots, he used his 40" vertical while in his jump shot. ... SIMMER DOWN young feller. Just shoot the friggin ball like you know how to.

But alas. Depaul has a god one, if Holtman can find a way to get him calm and focused in game time..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

CJ?

He came in looking good and then had plenty of time "defining" his physical outline. 

Then couldn't hit the balcony in assembly hall. We all know that he can and should be a 3 pt sniper.. He simply had a TERRIBLE case of the yips. He was genius at interpreting passing lanes for the steal, and changing direction to get the defensive tip of an opponents shot. 

He'd shoot 80% in warm ups, then his shot TOTALLY changed in game time. Suddenly in game shots, he used his 40" vertical while in his jump shot. ... SIMMER DOWN young feller. Just shoot the friggin ball like you know how to.

But alas. Depaul has a god one, if Holtman can find a way to get him calm and focused in game time..

CJ Gunn shot like mid 30s from 3 his SR year in HS. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dgambill said:

Personally…I’d rather start him and let him play off more skilled guys that will take the pressure off. I’d bring in Galloway off the bench to be that energy spark plug and initiate offense in the second unit who will benefit from his play making ability. Won’t happen but that’s what I would like to see.

This kid is 17 years old right now!! 

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, btownqb said:

This kid is 17 years old right now!! 

I see this all the time with young players. It’s important to play them with strong veterans and strong players…that way they aren’t the needing to be the focal point of the offense when they come in with the second unit. Allows them to let the game come to them. We also lose leads and struggle to find consistent scoring off the bench…Galloway was a much better shooter and more effective player coming off the bench. He will be 18 and while I wish we had guys older and better to start…at this point the roster doesn’t have many options.

14 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Cool. A 5 star McDonald's AA player says yes and once again...back to the staff. I would love if the folks who despise anything our staff has done or will do....just go talk in your FMW thread? Seriously.

Some poster remind of

image.gif.dc46737eb7d56bb9145817c19dffbf3e.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tom White said:

I think not having to deal with point guard duties would help Galloway.

To me he either needs to be paired with a shooter or a point guard who can shoot 3s. You can’t have him on the floor for long stretches without a shooter next to him. He takes wayyyy too many 3s for being 30%. His best skill is getting to the hole. When he drives and leaves his feet that’s when he has issues because he makes dumb passes.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

CJ?

just givin the kid more playing time usually resolves the nervousness......not by crazy substitution patterns like mass subbing 

• Like 1