2024 SF Bryson Tucker Commits to INDIANA!!

46 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I don't think he has earned the right to use "we". What has he done?

He hasn't played a game yet. Hasn't even signed yet.

He seems entitled, like everything should be handed to him.

He is using "we" like he is already up there with TJD, Oladipo, Calbert etc.

Not liking this at all.

😝

He was using the Royal We. He’s working up to referring to himself as Bryson Tucker. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BADGERVOL said:

Thats a clear case of ignorance of strength training. That’s not a personal attack that’s just plain stating the facts. I can’t grasp how people are still stuck in the mindset of the 70s and 80s.

Strength training makes EVERYTHING in sports better if done right in the longterm.

And to think multi million dollar athletics and full time strength coaches with Master’s and PhD’s in human physiology, biomechanics, exercise science…aren’t well aware of what they’re doing is again ignorance of the topic at hand.

whoever would think it’s “common knowledge” that strength training makes a basketball player shoot worse, and yet every program ANYWHERE does it is beyond me. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I can’t like this post enough!!!! Post of the year!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I don't think he has earned the right to use "we". What has he done?

He hasn't played a game yet. Hasn't even signed yet.

He seems entitled, like everything should be handed to him.

He is using "we" like he is already up there with TJD, Oladipo, Calbert etc.

Not liking this at all.

😝

You had me good for a minute!!! You’re such a little………..

Easter 🐰 💩 head 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I can’t like this post enough!!!! Post of the year!!!!

These are the types of people who still think all kinds of wive’s tales like lifting when you’re a youth stunts your growth, and lifting leads to more injuries and other complete nonsense that has not a shred of data to back it up.

Strength training hurts your golf swing too! Yea…sure does…Tiger could bench press over 300lbs and put the golf world on its head cuz he wasn’t a beer drinking, cig smoking, sweets eating, man bod on the pro tour. 🙄

I coached XC and Track for 16 years and THAT sport does have a small argument for damaging ability but it’s for longer races like marathons and even those runners do SOME strength training.

SOB this fable gets so old.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Love any strength conditioning stuff. 
but if the person focuses on looking buff,

The first SENTENCE.

17 hours ago, BADGERVOL said:

Thats a clear case of ignorance of strength training. That’s not a personal attack that’s just plain stating the facts. I can’t grasp how people are still stuck in the mindset of the 70s and 80s.

Strength training makes EVERYTHING in sports better if done right in the longterm.

And to think multi million dollar athletics and full time strength coaches with Master’s and PhD’s in human physiology, biomechanics, exercise science…aren’t well aware of what they’re doing is again ignorance of the topic at hand.

whoever would think it’s “common knowledge” that strength training makes a basketball player shoot worse, and yet every program ANYWHERE does it is beyond me. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Think maxing out Bench Press (which was my focus with BUFF). Then re read my very first sentence.

14 hours ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

The first SENTENCE.

Think maxing out Bench Press (which was my focus with BUFF). Then re read my very first sentence.

If you’re going to max out bench and think it’s not going to affect your shot for a day yes. If you think “getting buff” throws shots off in the sport of basketball you are sorely mistaken.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If you’re going to max out bench and think it’s not going to affect your shot for a day yes. If you think “getting buff” throws shots off in the sport of basketball you are sorely mistaken.

You simply won't work with me here, will ya ? You know what I was talking about. 

Edited by Joe_Hoopsier

just watched this episode and it is not the most flattering picture of this recruitment.

Basically said he is a very good player but his handlers are making all of his decisions for him. One said what he heard we paid him is astronomical and is way touch for him. I am afraid that things like this will kill the locker room because we are buying our roster and not constructing the roster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

just watched this episode and it is not the most flattering picture of this recruitment.

Basically said he is a very good player but his handlers are making all of his decisions for him. One said what he heard we paid him is astronomical and is way touch for him. I am afraid that things like this will kill the locker room because we are buying our roster and not constructing the roster.

So Reneau, Mgbako, and Galloway were "rumored to hate their coach"?

😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What does that have to do with this

That's what the 2 idiots in the video you linked said...And that's obviously not the case...

So if that's made up, the rest of it is questionable, don't you think?

• Like 3

Just now, IUFLA said:

That's what the 2 idiots in the video you linked said...And that's obviously not the case...

So if that's made up, the rest of it is questionable, don't you think?

I said if this is true. I never saw them say that about our players and Woodson 

12 hours ago, Drroogh said:

In case anyone is interested Bryson is supposed to be playing in the MAA game tonight at 9:00 on ESPN

Bryson only got 12 minutes, went 1-3 from the field and his one bucket was a 3 that took a fortunate bounce. He did have 2 steals.

McNeely only got 12 minutes as well

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Bryson only got 12 minutes, went 1-3 from the field and his one bucket was a 3 that took a fortunate bounce. He did have 2 steals.

McNeely only got 12 minutes as well

Yeah and the time they got it seemed like Dylan and Boogie were in a competition for MVP.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IU Scott said:

What all these players are making would be considered astronomical to us peons.  Whether or not it is overpaying is subjective 

• Like 1