2024 SF Bryson Tucker Commits to INDIANA!!

I don’t think Woodson is the answer, but this is a huge get and good first step. Maybe last year, and the playing style to date, is just an anomaly. Hopefully this dog is willing to learn new tricks. Only the first step though, many more holes to fill. I’m certainly not rooting against him. Hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

I think it’s silly not to have a plan. You absolutely have to knock it out of the park with the 2025 in state class.

They will have a plan for 2025. Right now they are just focused on acquiring talent for next years roster that fits together. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Thanks to Kenya 

Just a question, buy why does it have to be this way?  Why do we have to get them late in the game under these circumstances always versus during the early signing period?  Did we not go after him earlier? I realize Liam plays the same spot, but we seemed to not really pay him attention after he signed, so it all just doesn't really make sense.  

Edited by IUALUM03
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Just a question, buy why does it have to be this way?  Why do we have to get them late in the game under these circumstances always versus during the early signing period?  Did we not go after him earlier? 

He was focused on going to G-league ignite until they ended that 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Yeah, that was wild. Who do you want to commit and I will do my best to spur along the commitment. 

Malik Mack. Yes, I know there there is no current communication with him, but I believe in your sorcery.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Thanks to Kenya 

Maybe thanks to a big bag of money? Does anyone else think we are mainly only getting talent now because we're offering to pay them the most? I realize immediate playing time is a bonus but $$ talks, right?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

Maybe thanks to a big bag of money? Does anyone else think we are mainly only getting talent now because we're offering to pay them the most? I realize immediate playing time is a bonus but $$ talks, right?

It's the way the game is played nowadays whether we like it or not.  

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They will have a plan for 2025. Right now they are just focused on acquiring talent for next years roster that fits together. 

I get that but who you get affects 2025. If you get a bunch of sophomores that play the same position as the 4 -2025 kids compared to getting 4 - 1 year player that makes a difference. Like I said it usually plays itself out but to me you have to plan ahead in roster construction. That’s why it’s probably important to have a person in a role like Thad was in previously that focuses on those types of management.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, DunkinDipo said:

So so so many discounting the value of JHS, TJD, Malik, MM, Ware improving their game? SMH

Edited by Drroogh
  • Like 5

If Mgbako returns, then this better mean that we aren't going after a starting big man

SF Tucker / PF Mgbako / C Reneau

vs 

SG Tucker / SF Mgbako / PF Reneau / Unnamed Center

If we are looking at the latter option, then that PG better be one hell of a 3 pt shooter lol

Or Mgbako is already gone and just hasn't been announced yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

So so so many discounting the value of JHS, TJD, Malik, MM, Ware improving their game? SMH

Agree that those guys improved their game. And some credit is due to the staff (I question how much actual 1:1 time Woodson spent with them), vs Jordy, Calbert, Ya, etc.

But we haven't improved our game as a whole. In fact IMO it's gotten worse, much worse.

4 minutes ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

It was hard to tell.

I’ve never one time said I hope we lose or I hope he loses. Gave my opinion on him, still don’t think he’s the guy and we’re wasting another year. However, you won’t ever catch me rooting against IU.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, kyhoosier29 said:

I’ve never one time said I hope we lose or I hope he loses. Gave my opinion on him, still don’t think he’s the guy and we’re wasting another year. However, you won’t ever catch me rooting against IU.

Thanks, kinda..

It still feels like several parade floats that have a big self qualifying, sign that says... MEH, this is an ok parade, you could do better, but it won't last. While the people on the sidewalks in lawn chairs say..... Then why are you in the parade?

But you won't catch me rooting against those posts.  

• Haha 1