2024 SF Bryson Tucker Commits to INDIANA!!

Just now, IUALUM03 said:

With the composition of our team currently, the former, but I understand why you pose that question.  I don't want another season MR dribbling into double and triple teams because he doesn't have the confidence to throw it out to someone behind the arc that can make a shot. 

fair. 

second player is a little lower than i'd like at 3pt%. Career he's 32%.

I'd prefer a versatile player that shoots 32%-33% from three than a stand on the arch and shoots 38%. There's only 37 kids in all of D-1 that shot 40% and above

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

….I bet you a “dollar to a donut”  that Coach Woodson forgets and calls him Bryan! lol

I relate, getting like a favorite grandma used to do. Start listing grandchildren names and end with whoever the hell you are!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

With the composition of our team currently, the former, but I understand why you pose that question.  I don't want another season MR dribbling into double and triple teams because he doesn't have the confidence to throw it out to someone behind the arc that can make a shot. 

I too, once ordered a steak dinner and the utensils they gave me to eat it with where a whisk and Mortar and Pestle. It may have been the perfect steak, but someone had to ruin the experience.   

23 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

With the composition of our team currently

That's also something to think about.  Counting Tucker, we currently have 7 scholarship players.  One is on the fence about the NBA (MM) and one hasn't seen a college court yet and is still a medical question mark (Newton).  Right now, if a kid has some high-major talent and wants to be here.....come on down.  We just need some talent period, regardless of position.  If we get down to one or two scholarships, then we can start getting picky. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Joe_Hoopsier said:

I too, once ordered a steak dinner and the utensils they gave me to eat it with where a whisk and Mortar and Pestle. It may have been the perfect steak, but someone had to ruin the experience.   

That's when you go full on caveman and just pick it up and start biting off chunks. 

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

I don't want another season MR dribbling into double and triple teams because he doesn't have the confidence to throw it out to someone behind the arc that can make a shot. 

Is it really a lack of confidence, or is part of it him not as willing to pass it period?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

In his picture he was wearing #3 but will have to change it because Leal already has that number 

3 hours ago, ledies22 said:

Leal is so selfless, I wouldn't put it past him that he gives the number up.

The #3 jersey comes with a 2 bedroom condo near campus 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zlinedavid said:

I bet Leal would be a sport about it.....you want the "3"? Great...winner of a 3 point shooting contest takes it. 😉

Leal would be smart to give it so he can sell a new number with his name on it.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, KDB said:

Fundamentally pretty sound. Quick release on his three (like to know his splits), gets to his spots. Good athleticism. A bit slim so he won’t be able to back down much stronger guards next year so he is going to have to find other ways to get to his shot…but yes this is a good pickup.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 4:43 PM, Indykev said:

it used to be if you build it they will come, now its offer the biggest bag and they will come.

Yep…no doubt the playing time and money we could offer played a huge roll in us jumping in on this one. To me this is less about Coach Woodson and it’s purely being IU and the current empty roster that landed this kid. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Yep…no doubt the playing time and money we could offer played a huge roll in us jumping in on this one. To me this is less about Coach Woodson and it’s purely being IU and the current empty roster that landed this kid. 

I think that’s probably true. He was a strong lean to G League Ignite until they folded, but IU was still able to step in ahead of MSU

Does anyone have a breakdown of his stats over the last 2 years?  I couldn't find anything other than some USA stats.  What is his shooting percentage?  Free throws?  3pts?  Just like to see what he did recently.  

Great pick up.  He plays the 3, Mbako goes to the 4 and MR to the 5.  Pick up a CG, 2x SG and a PG and we're good

Edited by IowaHoosierFan