2019 MLB Discussion

rico

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Quintana with 14k's tonight after 6. Cubs have won I believe 8 straight with him starting. Tied 2-2. Q definitely deserves a win with this effort. Hope we can push one across.

Listening to the game...Happ dropped a pop-up, Q has only given up one ER.  Stellar performance.

Some fun Cubs stats after the game last night. Cubs haven't won back to back road games since May 1st. That BS pitch that was called a strike on Kemp with 1 on and no out has been called a strike 0.00% chance since pitches have been tracked (for the analytics crowd), We strike out 3 times and score 2 runs. Phillies strike out 15 times and score 4.  Cubs are 15th in National League in road wins. Rizzo I believe has 2 home runs since Mid or Late June.....and these are just my group text stats. Sure there plenty more out there. 

And we're still in first place. Not sure what that says about us or the NL Central.

20 minutes ago, rico said:

I can only remember once.

Only once.

Winker doubled to lead off the fourth and Votto struck out in a tough at-bat. Hurt because Suarez flied out deep to left that would have plated a run.

VanMeter doubled to lead off the 9th and Galvis advanced him with a single but I believe there was already 2 outs. 1 run was going to help in that inning anyway.

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

Only once.

Winker doubled to lead off the fourth and Votto struck out in a tough at-bat. Hurt because Suarez flied out deep to left that would have plated a run.

VanMeter doubled to lead off the 9th and Galvis advanced him with a single but I believe there was already 2 outs. 1 run was going to help in that inning anyway.

Yeah, there were 2 outs in the 9th when Galvis singled.

It's been an interesting season so far.

Hard not to be impressed with the overall pitching efforts we have saw this summer. wasted or not.

I'm not getting excited just yet, but I did hold out hopes going into the season that while everyone talked about the Twins, that the Indians would stay within striking distance of a playoff spot and stay healthy enough to do something should they earn one. So far, so good but I hate to admit that as a long time Indians fan, there is always that "wait for it" feeling when it comes to what could possibly go wrong. Lol . That feeling won't go away unless/until I see them holding a WS trophy someday. either. 

6 minutes ago, jblaz13 said:

It's been an interesting season so far.

Hard not to be impressed with the overall pitching efforts we have saw this summer. wasted or not.

I'm not getting excited just yet, but I did hold out hopes going into the season that while everyone talked about the Twins, that the Indians would stay within striking distance of a playoff spot and stay healthy enough to do something should they earn one. So far, so good but I hate to admit that as a long time Indians fan, there is always that "wait for it" feeling when it comes to what could possibly go wrong. Lol . That feeling won't go away unless/until I see them holding a WS trophy someday. either. 

I think you guys are in great shape. Great pitching (2nd in AL ERA). Not overly impressed with the Tribe's offense, but good pitching can win you a ton of games...get the offense hot at the right time and who knows...

Plus, you have the best manager in the AL (my opinion...and in the NL I'd go with Bochy). 

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

Peraza walked in the 6th but with 1 out and was thrown out trying trying to go first to third on a single by Winker.

I guess I was mistaken and probably was thinking about the 9th and you are right that down 2 you don't just move the runner over.  Whatever the case was they were 2-11 with runners in scoring position.  If you just look at the stats since the break the Reds lead the National league in a lot of categories but still not bring the wins consistently.  One problem is that they have huge scoring games to inflate those stats and then have games like last night where they only score 1 run.  Against the Nationals they have faced 2 starters who are average at best and have only scored 3 runs in 12 2/3 innings.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I was mistaken and probably was thinking about the 9th and you are right that down 2 you don't just move the runner over.  Whatever the case was they were 2-11 with runners in scoring position.  If you just look at the stats since the break the Reds lead the National league in a lot of categories but still not bring the wins consistently.  One problem is that they have huge scoring games to inflate those stats and then have games like last night where they only score 1 run.  Against the Nationals they have faced 2 starters who are average at best and have only scored 3 runs in 12 2/3 innings.

Ross has been hot. Hadn't given up a run in his last 2 starts and pitched another great game last night.

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The Reds have just squandered opportunities.  Either they can't get a timely hit or they run themselves out of an inning.  Oh well, so far it has been an enjoyable season for me to follow after years of misery.

17 minutes ago, rico said:

The Reds have just squandered opportunities.  Either they can't get a timely hit or they run themselves out of an inning.  Oh well, so far it has been an enjoyable season for me to follow after years of misery.

Need to salvage one today and take 3/4 from the Cards to have any shot. Schedule gets easier over the next 11 games but this week along with the Cubs series were crucial to a potential playoff push. Sunday loss to the Cubs was gut punching. 

Archived