Notre Dame Postgame Thread

KDB

College ball as a whole seems to have taken a step back compared to last year, talent-wise. 
Similar to the UConn game it’s frustrating to watch this team continue to be so poor at the fundamentals for long stretches. I don’t see any way this team goes .500 in conference, and if so hopefully Archie feels the heat. Tired of inconsistency and mediocrity 

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Easy win. Next. Haha. Seeing the foundation of a program being set. I know people will bang on the blown lead....but Rob last year, TJD and of course Franklin/Brunk today. The core is getting in place.

And if people aren't noticing the roster/culture changes then they need to go to an optometrist.

Played so well for about 32 minutes of the game especially the first 28 minutes.  We just have that one lull in a game where we can't don anything right.  Great game by our Indianapolis trio today because no one else played well.  Franklin really stepped up today and was huge down the stretch.  I will never complain about a win but we should never lose a 17 point second half lead.

2 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

Nope. Bad second half but you just forgot the first 

Yes....we lost momentum when we let up on defense in the second half. That defense was helping our offense. It all starts at that end of the court. The game plan was great...the team was prepared...just bad execution in the second half..some dumb hero ball then we toughened up and finished. ND didn't hit a basket the last 5 mins. Our identity is on defense!

These Cardiac kids are finding a way. Maybe we are turning stuff around. I know it sucks we blew a lead. I find that is because Notre Dame clogged inside the arc finally. We are going to have to find some way to get around that. It seems though that we are finally starting to win even though some of the wins are ugly. 11-1. Who would have thought that we would have done this so far? 

2 minutes ago, JugRox said:

IU was up 17 with 14:00 to go.

Notre Dame got hot from 3 and made a run.

I wouldn’t say they got hot, they missed a ton of open 3s before then and had a return to the mean in terms of their shooting. Talent wise there’s a huge gap, but no doubt the result would probably be similar if this team played five more times 

11 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

I told everyone last season when we were 12-2 that it was a bad team.  They didn't listen.  This season isn't any better.

I disagree, this team does several things better than last year's team...We had a bad ten minute stretch because we were poor around the rim. They were executing offense and not finishing what they produced...we are better moving without the ball, moving the ball, and receiving the coaching being given...

all this with a team that is actually quite young...Two freshmen playing a ton of minutes (a third who is a redshirt freshman) Three sophomores playing minutes...one senior, two juniors, and one transfer playing minutes....

we were much better defensively in the half court and got burned in transition for about ten minutes

If they finish half of the good looks around the rim the lead never disappears...

EDIT: I will say that we were stagnant for about four possessions in a row right with ND took the lead, but before that it was just missing shots 

1 minute ago, jv1972iu said:

So who cares about "cumulative impact"...IU won the game.  That's what matters, IMHO.   😋

We’re not fooling anyone, it’s an empty 11-1 and voters know that. I’d obviously take a W over an L but that doesn’t mean you can’t dissect the negatives and be wary about what this means come the conference season 

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

We’re not fooling anyone, it’s an empty 11-1 and voters know that. I’d obviously take a W over an L but that doesn’t mean you can’t dissect the negatives and be wary about what this means come the conference season 

dissecting the negatives and ignoring the positives are not the same...

2 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

I wouldn’t say they got hot, they missed a ton of open 3s before then and had a return to the mean in terms of their shooting. Talent wise there’s a huge gap, but no doubt the result would probably be similar if this team played five more times 

Yeah we'd win all 5

Archived