Notre Dame Postgame Thread

KDB

Just now, IU878176 said:

I agree. The improvement from as recently as last year has been good to see. Always room to improve but much less “weave from 25 feet out” and standing around.  Ball movement is also much better except when it sometimes gets “stuck” with Green.

The last couple of possessions we ran very good offense to get good looks.  The one where we cross screen to get the TJD an open dunk was a good call and the  play to get Franklin an open look.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, HoagieRoll said:

Never said we played bad defense, I just think it’s unfair to credit our defense with their overall 3 point numbers today. At least to me, watching live, they missed more than a handful of open threes that first half. It’s also irrational to intimate that in the second half they made some “lucky threes”. I think we were luckier with their first half misses than they were with their second half makes. 

overall the talent gap shouldnt result in this close of games vs UConn and ND and to me this feels a ton like last year. But I’d be happy just getting into the tourney so every win counts! That said, there’s a reason even at 11-1 we likely won’t be ranked 

I didn't see too many, if any, uncontested 3s. Saw a bunch that were contested or pushed beyond their comfort zone 3s...and I saw them make a few with a hand in their faces as well...

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I feel sorry for some of you who only looks at things in a negative way and can' see or post anything positive.  I really hope you don't live your lives this way because if you do you must be a joy to be around.

No doubt. Sure I was yelling at the TV for about a 6 min stretch there too while we blew our lead but the Archie haters really should save their b!tching and moaning for when we ACTUALLY LOSE. We are going to lose some games this year....they will have their chances...but just the amount of negativity is unwarranted at this point this year.

44 minutes ago, dgambill said:

FWIW...Archie is the one that called time out and designed the two go to plays to TJD that led to the tie and the winning 3! Archie was the one whose game plan got us out to a good start and helped us to that lead. Archie will use this to teach the guys what happens when you let up with your intensity. He took Green out when Green was doing "bad" Green and he put a FRESHMAN back into the game. This game wasn't on Archie if we lost....but dangit I don't know if we win it without his moves.

Don't forget the out of bounds play that led to TJD dunk. That was perfection.

17 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We won btw

If we win 25+ games, finish 4th in the league , etc I think all will consider this a very successful season.  No matter our average margin of victory.  The point some are making is that like last season we're not nearly as good as our record.  You will see this soon.  

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

The last couple of possessions we ran very good offense to get good looks.  The one where we cross screen to get the TJD an open dunk was a good call and the  play to get Franklin an open look.

Yep...I'm sure Bobby Knight texted Archie those plays after watching Archie just RUIN it for us. Thank God!

30 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

I read people getting down on CAM on the game thread so I’m gonna state my stance firmly.

If we put up with Crean for what, 9 years (maybe I’m off but it’s all a nightmare blurt), I have absolutely NO issues being patient with Archie for a good 5. Do I want to see an overall trend of improvement? Yes and I do see that. Then I want to see him with the entire roster HIS, that’s the first year the gloves come off for me. But I also know anything could happen in one year which gives me to year 5. I expect us competing for BT titles and final fours by then. No question.

But this guy EASILY has a better Basketball IQ than Crean had. No question. And he comes with RMK’s endorsement and admittedly that carries A LOT of weight with me. So that’s where Hans stands. (Aka BadgerVol...born and raised in The Fort)

Well said Badgervol!!!!.....I agree 100%...I try to stay off the "game time" message page during game, especially if we are playing poorly at times. It's always a  trend....the posters who are b#tching and throwing darts the most are either brand new or the ones who never post throughout the week......only on game day. 

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

If we win 25+ games, finish 4th in the league , etc I think all will consider this a very successful season.  No matter our average margin of victory.  The point some are making is that like last season we're not nearly as good as our record.  You will see this soon.  

You can tell the rest of us "told you so" at the end of the year if we don't make the tourney....until then you can keep your doom and gloom to yourself if you don't mind!

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No doubt. Sure I was yelling at the TV for about a 6 min stretch there too while we blew our lead but the Archie haters really should save their b!tching and moaning for when we ACTUALLY LOSE. We are going to lose some games this year....they will have their chances...but just the amount of negativity is unwarranted at this point this year.

I was definitely yelling at the TV during the game but can still be rational.  I did something I shouldn't but went over to Rivals to se their reaction and to no surprise they are calling for Archie head.   One thing I am thankful for with this forum is that we keep everything in one post but over there they start a new thread talking about the same thing.

5 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

What does last season have to do with this season

Contributing my observations:  We played with great defensive energy in the first half; in the second we didn’t make good decisions on offense and ND started to drop a few open and some contested 3s (there pretty good at that); we missed a lot of bunnies mostly in heavy traffic under the rim both halves.  Most crucial to me:  when ND took the lead late we didn’t fold and saw defensive energy return.  Then our guys  ran a couple pretty plays at the very end to win it against a legit high major team.  Great win!  I’m not embarrassed at all.  That was an entertaining college basketball game.

1 minute ago, HoagieRoll said:

This is a bad post. 

When people come on here AFTER A WIN...to tell us that we are a bad team that is called trolling! People want a reaction. It isn't rational to come on a board to pick a fight with fans. To sit here after a win to go around a continuously say how bad this team is when we are 11-1 and winning games and we are happy for our young guys for growing up in front of us and making big plays to me they can save it! There is a difference between pointing out some of our flaws and being realistic about our chances this year and just flat out trying to run the team and program down. He is trying to be provocative and upset people...and quite frankly ruin a win for the rest of us. So if my post is bad...well I'm sure the admins will ban me. I won't be worried about it.

Just now, Lizard said:

.....That was an entertaining college basketball 

Bingo! I analyze and react like the rest.of us. But isn't sports really at.its best when you watch a close rivalry game. Back amd forth, just cheer and celebrate the win?

In todays world of social.media, 24/7 sports news, message boards etc, it is easy to lose the simple joy of cheering for your team, and celebrating a fun, close game.

Archived