2023 NFL Discussion

rico

10 hours ago, Danomatic said:

Bengals were notoriously cheap before Burrow. That being said, they’re spending it like it grows on trees. Heard on ESPN 1530 earlier that Burrow’s deal is expected to be at or around $560 million plus incentives. They added Brown today, and are fine with letting aging players walk or cutting them to bring in guys that they believe will help get them over the hump. I’d say they’re changing that narrative, or at least trying to change it.

Cincy is win now because they cant pay Burrow That money and field a team. Chase is going to hurt them as well with what WR's are getting now. Say good bye to every other good player they have.

2 minutes ago, thirdgenhoosier said:

Colts are signing Minshew.

I have been meaning to ask all day, who does everyone see starting on day 1.  Like everyone but teddy Bridgewater are gone and some guy on ESPN radio said Bridgewater is the most underrated qb free agent.  Oh well, we don't want to win more than 4 games next year anyways.  

1 hour ago, NotIThatLives said:

I have been meaning to ask all day, who does everyone see starting on day 1.  Like everyone but teddy Bridgewater are gone and some guy on ESPN radio said Bridgewater is the most underrated qb free agent.  Oh well, we don't want to win more than 4 games next year anyways.  

If we pick Richardson I don't see him starting year 1

4 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

Why try and win next year?  Just have fun, develop youth, and get Harrison Jr or a true qb1

Cannot stand that attitude. Players are working their butts off. Some may only have one more year. Some might get hurt and never play again. As well, fans are paying hard earned money to watch them lose? No team should ever not be trying to win 

8 minutes ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Cannot stand that attitude. Players are working their butts off. Some may only have one more year. Some might get hurt and never play again. As well, fans are paying hard earned money to watch them lose? No team should ever not be trying to win 

Trying to win a championship takes 3-5 years of strategy.  

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Do you want them to try to get competitive or do you want them to build a championship level team. To me in the NBA the Pacers to long worried more about keeping the fans happy by being average.  They finally decided to tear it down and start over. I feel it is time for the Colts to tear it down and start over. I would look to trade any high price veteran that haven't been producing. Kelly, Moore, Nelson, Smith, Leonard. Not saying all of them but you see what you can get for them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Do you want them to try to get competitive or do you want them to build a championship level team. To me in the NBA the Pacers to long worried more about keeping the fans happy by being average.  They finally decided to tear it down and start over. I feel it is time for the Colts to tear it down and start over. I would look to trade any high price veteran that haven't been producing. Kelly, Moore, Nelson, Smith, Leonard. Not saying all of them but you see what you can get for them.

Yep.  Rip off the band aide.  What are they going to do with some 2nd tier rookie who isn't projected to be a definite starter?  Get the stud defensive guy, rake in the picks for next year and build.  

11 hours ago, Indykev said:

Cincy is win now because they cant pay Burrow That money and field a team. Chase is going to hurt them as well with what WR's are getting now. Say good bye to every other good player they have.

Bengals signed another o-lineman today, Cody Ford, for more depth and are currently working to try a sign both of the Rams safeties.

1 hour ago, jv1972iu said:

Bengals signed another o-lineman today, Cody Ford, for more depth and are currently working to try a sign both of the Rams safeties.

My new fav. team. Gave up on the Dolts when Ballard wasn't fired. Ballard doing the same crap this off season thinking it might work after 6 years.

13 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

If they were going to do that, why not sign Mayfield or Mariotta—someone who actually started a season as a team’s #1?

I think Minshew is better than both. 

But the simple answer would be.... look who his OC was last season... Mariotta signed for 8 million btw. 2x what GM did.