Annoying Aging and Health Issues

20 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

My surgery ended up getting canceled because my blood pressure was through the roof. Have a doc appointment tomorrow to look into that.

Getting old sucks.ย ๐Ÿ˜ฅ

Probably due to the Bears! Seriously, I hope you get it figured out and under control! Good luck!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Update - 4 weeks of medication and some lifestyle changes and my blood pressure is under control and I am cleared to have my surgery next week.ย ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค˜ย 

I quit drinking and I've dropped 12 pounds and feel the best I have felt in many years.ย 

Good for you. A month after I quit drinking I went from around 180/120 to around 120-130/80-90.ย  I'm down 35 lbs from my peak.ย ย 

• Like 4

So I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to get back in the game so to speak and signed up for an online course in UX design (user experience). As I struggled mightily this morning trying to complete my assignment, I realized my struggle wasnโ€™t knowledge it was more familiarity with how things work!? Iโ€™ve said many times dear Lord donโ€™t let become like that old person that struggles with technology, now l am one! We as elders get comfortable with our place our knowledge and tend to stop learning? I highly suggest making an attempt to stay somewhat current, lest you become one those that needs your grandchildren to help you with the simplest of things. I now also have a purpose in life! I need to come up with some UX design that helps those familiar with the old ways not just function but thrive with new UX!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Got the most recent Covid vaccine in preparation for travel over Thanksgiving. Feel like a semi ran over me and chills/shakes.

ย I know itโ€™s worth it and the symptoms are temporary but this might be my last vaccinationย 

I stopped at the first booster since Iโ€™m convinced I got long haul symptoms from the booster not the virus! Get well my friend!

I'm going to do my own homework but thought I would ask here as well. Any of you guys know how to either get cheap insulin or get approved for a program in Indiana for cheap insulin. My uncle has limited means and needs insulin to live. He had to spend $500 this morning just to get his supply. Was curious if anyone had alternative options.

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm going to do my own homework but thought I would ask here as well. Any of you guys know how to either get cheap insulin or get approved for a program in Indiana for cheap insulin. My uncle has limited means and needs insulin to live. He had to spend $500 this morning just to get his supply. Was curious if anyone had alternative options.

Can he qualify for Medicaid?

• Like 2

On 11/9/2023 at 4:31 PM, bronkonagurski said:

Update - 4 weeks of medication and some lifestyle changes and my blood pressure is under control and I am cleared to have my surgery next week.ย ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿค˜ย 

I quit drinking and I've dropped 12 pounds and feel the best I have felt in many years.ย 

Did you play fullback?ย  You have an interesting username. I was watching the Northwestern game and forgot Fitz wasn't the coach so I looked it up. He was awarded the Bronko Nagurski trophy in college.ย 

23 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

Did you play fullback?ย  You have an interesting username. I was watching the Northwestern game and forgot Fitz wasn't the coach so I looked it up. He was awarded the Bronko Nagurski trophy in college.ย 

Haha no I was OL/DL in my brief football career but I'm a Chicago Bears fan and love reading about the history of the Bears and the NFL. My brother bought me a book about Bronko's life for Christmas years ago. I like the mental image of a big, rugged dude running roughshod in a leather helmet back in the day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bronkonagurski said:

Haha no I was OL/DL in my brief football career but I'm a Chicago Bears fan and love reading about the history of the Bears and the NFL. My brother bought me a book about Bronko's life for Christmas years ago. I like the mental image of a big, rugged dude running roughshod in a leather helmet back in the day.

Hope you're doing well.ย 

2 hours ago, bronkonagurski said:

Another thing about stopping the drinking (on Day 19) is my mood is so much better. Multiple people have remarked I look a lot happier now.ย 

I just read an article that after the first month of quilting your cognitive abilities become normal. But this new study I read looked at the cortex, the outer noodles of your brain. They shrink with chronic drinking but 7.3 months of sobriety you get back 90% of your cortex size back.ย 

The bloat starts to go away too.ย 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Drroogh said:

So I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to get back in the game so to speak and signed up for an online course in UX design (user experience). As I struggled mightily this morning trying to complete my assignment, I realized my struggle wasnโ€™t knowledge it was more familiarity with how things work!? Iโ€™ve said many times dear Lord donโ€™t let become like that old person that struggles with technology, now l am one! We as elders get comfortable with our place our knowledge and tend to stop learning? I highly suggest making an attempt to stay somewhat current, lest you become one those that needs your grandchildren to help you with the simplest of things. I now also have a purpose in life! I need to come up with some UX design that helps those familiar with the old ways not just function but thrive with new UX!

Not to diminish the afflictions of @bronkonagurski, @Steubenhoosier, @Seeking6โ€™s relative, my prayers are sent, but I feel strongly that my post deserves some recognition!! Lest as I stated, well you interpret it!

On 11/11/2023 at 11:24 AM, Steubenhoosier said:

Got the most recent Covid vaccine in preparation for travel over Thanksgiving. Feel like a semi ran over me and chills/shakes.

ย I know itโ€™s worth it and the symptoms are temporary but this might be my last vaccinationย 

I got mine last week.ย  Had some side-effects for the first time ever when I got a Covid or Flu shot.ย  They lasted about 36 hours, and suddenly this morning, a week later, my arm starting hurting again.

On 11/16/2023 at 6:57 PM, 5fouls said:

I got mine last week.ย  Had some side-effects for the first time ever when I got a Covid or Flu shot.ย  They lasted about 36 hours, and suddenly this morning, a week later, my arm starting hurting again.

Got Covid and flu shots yesterday morning. Did a bunch of yardwork afterwards and just had sore arm. Started feeling "blah" closer to bedtime and spent the night tossing and turning with sweats/chills/headache/bodyache etc. Took long hot shower this morning but still feeling crappy. Two years ago when I got them both at the same time I felt sick for two days, but last year when I just got Covid shot I was fine. I believe this is the last time I'm getting both at once.

Screw Travis Kelce!!

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Got Covid and flu shots yesterday morning. Did a bunch of yardwork afterwards and just had sore arm. Started feeling "blah" closer to bedtime and spent the night tossing and turning with sweats/chills/headache/bodyache etc. Took long hot shower this morning but still feeling crappy. Two years ago when I got them both at the same time I felt sick for two days, but last year when I just got Covid shot I was fine. I believe this is the last time I'm getting both at once.

Screw Travis Kelce!!

Hope you feel better soon...Sucks to ail on a game day

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Screw Travis Kelce!!

Yeah.ย  I definitely did not want to do both at the same time.ย  Got my flu shot through my employer at the end of September, so I did not have that issue.ย  As bad as I felt with the Covid shot, I can't image how bad it would have been to get both.ย  Hope you're feeling better soon.

And, on top of Kelce pushing both shots at once, he's been a disappointment for my fantasy football teams this year.ย  So, I echo your sentiments there as well.

ย 

• Like 1