Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

20 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Seat Geek has $1 tickets in the balcony. There are $2 and $3 tickets in the lower bowl. This has never happened. Wow

First few years of Crean era my wife's coworkers at the time had 4 tickets. Section D about 15 rows up. They gave them to us with parking right out the backdoor of Assembly for free. Probably went to 10 games a year for a few years. 

It maybe bad now (for some) but nothing was as bad as those first 3 years of Crean. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, btownqb said:

No. That guy said "it's a done deal"----- when it's clearly NOT an actual done deal lol

The kid has NOT signed on the dotted line, so it cannot be considered "done"... I hope that was reasonably understandable to read. 

lol…. Nowww I’m on board with you! Lol!

You are right, once he has signed or made it official himself there’s always a possibility.

There have been a lot of “done deals” directed positively towards IU over the years and several have ended up the opposite. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

First few years of Crean era my wife's coworkers at the time had 4 tickets. Section D about 15 rows up. They gave them to us with parking right out the backdoor of Assembly for free. Probably went to 10 games a year for a few years. 

It maybe bad now (for some) but nothing was as bad as those first 3 years of Crean. 

It's pretty different circumstances now than the early Crean years, yeah? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrsStoller said:

Tip from another forum about cheap tix on StubHub, so I took a look. $4 seats. Lower level. 😳

There are seats tonight below row 20 for $20 to $30 dollars. 5 rows off the floor for $40. If you have never been to a game today is it. AH will be empty tonight by the looks of all the tickets just on seat geek. WOW.

Edited by Indykev
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It has been said many times, but fan support is the only thing currently elite about IU.......

It pains me to say but I’m starting to change my opinion around (originally) supporting this team until the end of the season in hopes it can show the new coach how loyal we are and the home court advantage we have. Pretty clear Woodson will be stubborn and make this as difficult of a firing/retirement as possible moving forward, so not expecting a move made in the offseason.

I fear the only way to force action from Dolson and friends is to speed up the timeline by selling away game tickets, leaving assembly hall empty, not attending neutral site games, and emailing Dolson requesting their NIL donations be returned.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. 

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just saying what he has done hasn't help either so make a change to see if it helps. Basketball players don't need the same kind of workouts as football players.  There to be to much emphasis on weight training over working on agility and other things basketball players need to work on.

I’m certain they do agility stuff, but get your point.

35 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Yes and no. Yes because of portal. No because of fan expectations. I remember conversations with those close that wanted Crean gone in year 2 because zero progress was being made. One common denominator remains the constant. Expectations. 

37 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yes and no. Yes because of portal. No because of fan expectations. I remember conversations with those close that wanted Crean gone in year 2 because zero progress was being made. One common denominator remains the constant. Expectations. 

i agree and even with apathy and unrest in amongst the fan base, we never release our expectations that we demand the very best from IU basketball.  Players, coaches and university.  It might be unrealistic, but its unwavering, that we expect greatness.  To our very own demise at times.  But what more could a program want, than a fanbase that never accepts mediocrity.  Win and they will love you forever.  Falter and they will eat you alive. 

Edited by IowaHoosierFan
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

i agree and even with apathy and unrest in amongst the fan base, we never release out expectations that we demand the very best from IU basketball.  Players, coaches and university.  It might be unrealistic, but its unwavering, that we expect greatness.  Do our very own demise at times.  But what more could a program want, than a fanbase that never accepts mediocrity.  Win and they will love you forever.  Falter and they will eat you alive. 

MODS we need a x10 like button please, but after the delete button. ha.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

My friend, fan expectations are what fund this Athletic department. The portal is keeping us a float it appears. Crean and all fans would have killed for the portal in his first few years. But Crean and Woody are totally different. Crean had Baseball players playing. Woody is loaded with 4 and 5 star guys he cant do anything with. expectations were way different. . I dont remember guys calling for Crean to be gone in year 2, i've been in a coma since then, i will take your word for it, those people were dumb. But if we ever lose the expectation to win every year close the doors. I know we are on the opposite side on this debate but i respect your views all the same.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KoB2011 said:

I’ll never forget how hard Crean’s first team played despite having basically no talent.  I was only able to attend one game in person that year, and it just happened to be the only Big 10 game we won, over Iowa.  The place was packed and loud, despite the circumstances.  Still probably my favorite game I’ve ever attended.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Indykev said:

My friend, fan expectations are what fund this Athletic department. The portal is keeping us a float it appears. Crean and all fans would have killed for the portal in his first few years. But Crean and Woody are totally different. Crean had Baseball players playing. Woody is loaded with 4 and 5 star guys he cant do anything with. expectations were way different. . I dont remember guys calling for Crean to be gone in year 2, i've been in a coma since then, i will take your word for it, those people were dumb. But if we ever lose the expectation to win every year close the doors. I know we are on the opposite side on this debate but i respect your views all the same.

There were some concerns with the way year 2 ended. Obviously he wasn't playing with a full deck at that time but that team finished the year losing 12 out of 13 games including 11 in a row in which all but two were competitive. This after starting the conference season 3-3.

It was after year 3 where red flags should have been waving all around. He no longer had the baseball player or walk-on excuse card to play. He had some legitimately talented underclassmen and some dudes who had played a lot the first two years. That team lost the last 9 games to end the year en route to a dead last place finish in the B10. I certainly wasn't in the "Must Fire Crean" camp but thought it would have been totally justified had the administration gone that route. I know for sure UK, Kansas, North Carolina wouldn't have brought him back. 

• Like 1