Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Ihave feeling guys like Trilly just likes to troll our fan base. They know we are gullible and want any kind of info we can get. He probably puts this out there and watch our fan base and probably laughs his head off to our reaction. It is just like when people said they saw Donovan in Bloomington and we're following vehicles thinking it was him.

Also if this is true why hasn't any actual basketball media outlets reported any of this.

Really doubt that. Trilly has worked hard to build his name and reputation as a scoops guy and it wouldn’t make sense to damage his own credibility giving out false or misleading info. Also, IU fans are one of his biggest followers/subscribers, so he would be losing money by giving out bad info and turning IU fans off. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NCHoosier32 said:

is it just me or do those students look like they are clearly going to be Purdue students?  they just look like Purdue to me.  

Does the dude in the letter jacket not realize how much Painter is totally ignoring him? lol

I mean, the look on Painter's face says is all. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Hoosier987 said:

Don't you get it? It's Mike Woodson. He doesn't need to recruit. He's "The Closer." ;) 

It's not just that Mike Woodson wasn't recruiting. It's the fact that the entire staff didn't bother to go out and there doesn't seem to be a good explanation for that. Also I can't seem to recall the last time Kenya went on the road to recruit but he doesn't seem as invested as he once was. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Point being. If they are still getting paid, they should be recruiting

....if true, one would think all assistant coaches would still be keeping their connections with players, to hopefully sway them to their potential new school, if/whenever that would happen. JMO

• Like 1

Unless the entire staff is ill, to be noticed being absent at top target high school tournament games is another questionable gesture. We're at Maryland Sunday, right? So fly out Saturday afternoon? If they're "absent" again Friday night, I'll be to 100% they're done. I'm about 90% now

Edited by Coach Robby
  • Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hoosierdave said:

Really doubt that. Trilly has worked hard to build his name and reputation as a scoops guy and it wouldn’t make sense to damage his own credibility giving out false or misleading info. Also, IU fans are one of his biggest followers/subscribers, so he would be losing money by giving out bad info and turning IU fans off. 

When we introduced Trilly to the board last year he had me at Anthony Walker to IU before anyone knew about it. Whoever he/she is it's as good as information I've found in years covering all of hoops. No way he would risk that to troll us.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

When we introduced Trilly to the board last year he had me at Anthony Walker to IU before anyone knew about it. Whoever he/she is it's as good as information I've found in years covering all of hoops. No way he would risk that to troll us.

It's multiple people. Trilly isn't just one person and that's why they get legitimate info from all over the country and it's usually accurate. 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

He also had the MM before everyone else too I believe 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Ihave feeling guys like Trilly just likes to troll our fan base. They know we are gullible and want any kind of info we can get. He probably puts this out there and watch our fan base and probably laughs his head off to our reaction. It is just like when people said they saw Donovan in Bloomington and we're following vehicles thinking it was him.

Also if this is true why hasn't any actual basketball media outlets reported any of this.

I don't know, be a bad way to build a following for content you charge money for.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, btownqb said:

any reason Dolson hasn't come out with a vote of confidence, then? 

Because--- I think you're dead wrong. 

I hope you're right. I want to be wrong...I think he stays. We should know in a couple of weeks with the season coming to an end.

Edited by Hoosier987

2 hours ago, HoosierFaithful said:

Just like every time, if a coaching search happens, most of the innuendo here and elsewhere is made up BS.  People might even think they're passing along something real, but it is tea leaves built on top of tea leaves built on top of twitter likes built on top of flight searches.

The foundation is not solid.

Enjoy the ride but don't take it like a rollercoaster

You're acting like the Billy Donovan and Brad Stevens to IU rumors were false.

Well, I'm here to tell you that you are wr.....never mind.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

if he stays and he and the staff have not been out this week to see Sisley or Mullins then the whole situation is far worse than I thought. I just dont see how they bring him back. 

It's a bad look that he wasn't there. We seem to be recruiting from a position of weakness. I assume he's saving visits for 1 year rentals aka "portal players." 

10 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

if he stays and he and the staff have not been out this week to see Sisley or Mullins then the whole situation is far worse than I thought. I just dont see how they bring him back. 

This.

Let's say that it's still an open question on if he'll be back.... and then he is not doing recruiting and trying everything he can to turn this around. That's a pretty big mark against bringing him back if he can't even bother to recruit when things are this bad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DC2345 said:

There wasn't nothing with Stevens. The Donovan thing was stupid. This isn't nothing. Trilly has been dropping information, Rabby has been dropping hints about Pearl. It's not nothing but believe that you want. 

The smoke could be interest or just Pearl agents getting him a salary bump 

Most coaches have a massive ego and would love the challenges at IU 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

admittedly things like this scare me, but there's no way anyone is going to come out and say, "yeah we're thinking of moving on" at this time of the season.  

True, if a journalist asks for a statement that’s really all you can say because if you don’t reply they run with it and say IU had “no comment”. As the saying goes, “silence can be deafening.”

The thing that concerns me is that if Jeff Goodman is writing the piece, he’s likely getting info from his daughter, who also happens to work for Rabby…